Colleen Campbell BSc (Hons) MSc RNutr.
Since graduating with a First-Class degree in Nutrition from King's College London, I have committed to a career as a Registered Nutritionist (UKVRN).
I am passionate about helping people to achieve their nutrition and dietary goals, and determined to work hard at establishing new and effective evidence-based strategies to support my patients/clients in getting the best health outcome in the short and longer term. I don't believe in fad diets, health gimmicks or nutrition quackery, so I don't impose them on my clients.
I have set up my own Birmingham-based nutrition consultancy - NutriShion - for clients who would like that extra bit of support and guidance with their overall healthy eating regime.
My private consultancy offers the following services:
- A 6-week Nutrition Programme (see details below) - guiding and supporting individuals to eat well, by translating nutritional science into simple practical steps: to help make your dietary/health goals a reality
- One-to-one individual consultations (1-hour consultation)
- Supermarket food tours for individuals and families
- Health & Well-being workshops for business corporates and community groups
- Writing articles and providing quotes for local and national media
6 WEEK NUTRITION PROGRAMME - WHO IS IT FOR?
- Are you on a weight-reducing plan or have you had a relapse with your weight loss efforts and struggling to get to grips with it? Do you need that extra bit of support and guidance with your weight management?
- Have you had weight loss surgery (e.g. gastric band, bypass, sleeve)? Do you want to find out what type of diet helps you get the best outcome from your surgery?
- Has your GP suggested you follow a “healthy” diet to help reduce your risk of health problems, and you don’t know where to start?
- Do you just want a general MOT of your diet and lifestyle to learn where and how you can make improvements?
Training, qualifications & experience
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc (Hons) Nutrition - Kings College London (First-Class obtained)
MSc Business Management - Aston Business School (Distinction obtained)
I qualified as a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) with the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) - a register held by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) - www.associationfornutrition.org
I've had a number of lovely opportunities to spread my nutrition messages........here are just a few of them:
- Company Nutritionist for the Weight Loss Surgery Group
- Health Educator & Nutritionist for a commercial weight loss company - Healthier Weight
- Nutrition Expert on Ask The Expert Webinars for Buddypower
- Delivery of Support Group Meetings for patients who have had weight loss surgery
- Commissioned to design, develop and deliver a 10-week Behavioural Change Programme for weight loss patients
- Speaker at an obesity conference
- Host of healthy eating suppers/events
- Teacher of food technology and science at a local secondary school
- Contributor to local radio speaking about healthy eating - Radio WM
- Contributor to local radio on World Diabetes Day - New Style Radio
- Contributor to national radio speaking about obesity- BBC Three Counties
- Media comments in local press - Birmingham Evening Mail
- Weight loss articles in local press - Phoenix News
- Article writing for online media - Private Healthcare UK
- Guest posts on various blogs - e.g. WEGOhealth
- Nutrition Consultant (off-screen) for a programme about fad diets featuring Lorraine Kelly - Channel 4
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
The cost of the 6-Week Nutrition Programme, which includes a combination of face to face consultations, discreet telephone advice with ongoing email support is £195.
Individual Consultations are £70
Home visits/consultations are available on request.
Telephone consultations only can be arranged for people who live outside Birmingham
Consultations/workshops are available in the evening and at weekends (Saturday/Sunday) to suit you.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|