As a nutritional therapist I base my approach on the the principles of functional medicine - meaning I seek the underlining causes of a problem rather that “fixing” it by suppressing the symptoms.
My mission is to share nutritional knowledge, restore wellbeing and reduce the risk of health issues. I believe that health and being healthy, are individual concepts. There is no single truth, not one single diet, exercise or lifestyle that suits everybody as we are all different.
I strive to divulge awareness of how bad food is harming us and how to make the best choices in any situation, help you listen to your body and aim to provide a plan that fits with your lifestyle so you can find your version of healthy.
I offer face to face consultations or via Skype.
How does it work?
- I offer a FREE 15 minute chat to talk through your needs
- If you decide to proceed, we will schedule your initial consultation. You will receive an email with a health questionnaire and you will also be asked to keep a food diary to be sent prior to our meeting.
- During the initial consultation I will assess your case and together we will discuss your physical health, emotional wellbeing, current and past diet and set future goals.
- I will then produce a tailored, personalised nutritional and lifestyle plan that fits around you, along with any supplement recommendations, if necessary.
- Email and telephone support will be available between sessions.
- After 4-6 weeks a follow up is recommended in order to check your progress and discuss the challenges you've faced and your achievements. At this stage, any necessary amendments will be made to your nutritional and lifestyle plan.
- The number of follow-ups will be determined by your response to the plan. Between 1 to 3 follow-ups are considered ideal.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started my employed life as a message therapist and worked for many years in the health industry throughout and following my diploma, and while I studied Nutritional Therapy at the London College of Naturopathic Medicine for three years.
Through the experience of having to juggle long working hours and studying, I gained the appreciation for the need of a ‘realistic’ approach to finding my own ‘healthy’ which in turn I apply with my clients.
- I am a member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapists) – the regulatory body who set the standard in nutritional healthcare.
- I am registered to CNHC (Complementary & Natural Health Council)
- I am fully insured with Balens Specialist Insurance.
I regularly attend seminars, talks and conferences to keep up to date on the latest research in the health industry.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial Consultation - up to 90 minutes: £95 (via Skype: £80)
Follow Up Consultation - 45 minutes: £65 (via Skype: £50)
Initial Consultation + 1 Follow-Up: £145 (via Skype: £120)
Nutritional Examination - 45 minutes: £50
I aim to teach my clients how to use the power of food to heal the body, prevent health issues and achieve optimal health. Whether you want to lose weight, have a specific health concern you want to discuss or simply want to optimise your nutritional habits do get in touch. You can visit my website for more information www.downtohealthpractice.com
You can also visit my Instagram @downtohealth for inspiration on healthy recipes and nutritional tips.
View my recent publication on Todelli.com to read more views on eating healthy https://bit.ly/2iKDQBq
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday