Claudia Piovesan mBant & CNHC
As a nutritional therapist I base my approach on the the principles of functional medicine - meaning I seek the underlining causes of a problem rather that “fixing” it by suppressing the symptoms.
My mission is to share nutritional knowledge, restore wellbeing and reduce the risk of health issues. I believe that health and being healthy, are individual concepts. There is no single truth, not one single diet, exercise or lifestyle that suits everybody as we are all different.
I strive to divulge awareness of how bad food is harming us and how to make the best choices in any situation, help you listen to your body and aim to provide a plan that fits with your lifestyle so you can find your version of healthy.
I offer face to face consultations or via Skype.
How does it work?
- I offer a FREE 15 minute chat to talk through your needs
- If you decide to proceed, we will schedule your initial consultation. You will receive an email with a health questionnaire and you will also be asked to keep a food diary to be sent prior to our meeting.
- During the initial consultation I will assess your case and together we will discuss your physical health, emotional wellbeing, current and past diet and set future goals.
- I will then produce a tailored, personalised nutritional and lifestyle plan that fits around you, along with any supplement recommendations, if necessary.
- Email and telephone support will be available between sessions.
- After 4-6 weeks a follow up is recommended in order to check your progress and discuss the challenges you've faced and your achievements. At this stage, any necessary amendments will be made to your nutritional and lifestyle plan.
- The number of follow-ups will be determined by your response to the plan. Between 1 to 3 follow-ups are considered ideal.
“I had a nutritional assessment with Claudia and find her to be very professional and extremely knowledgable about Nutrition and Health. She is very patient and supportive. Her holistic knowledge is in depth and well considered and she really tailors the session to your personal needs. I felt able to talk to her about anything and her advice proved invaluable as with a careful healthier diet we planned together. The health issues I had significantly improved. She offers a manageable heakthy approach through diet and supplements, her encouragement is great and I highly reccomend her if you want a very insightful and beneficial experience that would lead to betterment of your overall health.” Marijana Curic
Training, qualifications & experience
I started my employed life as a message therapist and worked for many years in the health industry throughout and following my diploma, and while I studied Nutritional Therapy at the London College of Naturopathic Medicine for three years.
Through the experience of having to juggle long working hours and studying, I gained the appreciation for the need of a ‘realistic’ approach to finding my own ‘healthy’ which in turn I apply with my clients.
- I am a member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapists) – the regulatory body who set the standard in nutritional healthcare.
- I am registered to CNHC (Complementary & Natural Health Council)
- I am fully insured with Balens Specialist Insurance.
I regularly attend seminars, talks and conferences to keep up to date on the latest research in the health industry.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Initial Consultation - up to 75 minutes: £75 (via Skype: £70)
Follow Up Consultation - 45 minutes: £60 (via Skype: £55)
Initial Consultation + 1 Follow-Up: £120 (via Skype: £115)
Nutritional Examination - 45 minutes: £50
I aim to teach my clients how to use the power of food to heal the body, prevent health issues and achieve optimal health. Whether you want to lose weight, have a specific health concern you want to discuss or simply want to optimise your nutritional habits do get in touch. You can visit my website for more information www.downtohealthpractice.com
You can also visit my Instagram @downtohealth for inspiration on healthy recipes and nutritional tips.
View my recent publication on Todelli.com to read more views on eating healthy https://bit.ly/2iKDQBq