Christine Kenny HCPC Registered Dietitian
I love my job because I honestly get to help so many people, people who often come to me confused about the many ‘diets’ out there, confused about health messages and conflicting information from friends, the internet and media.
When clients come to me for advice, I find out all about them and their goals, I work out how you can best achieve them. Using a combination of expert nutritional knowledge and behaviour change, I aim to enable you to improve your health and well being.
I am a obesity and weight loss specialist. I am based in Altrincham, Cheshire. I offer face to face and virtual consultations and virtual group weightloss programs.
I know that one diet doesn’t fit all, what works for one person won’t always work for the next. People have different needs, different behaviours, different levels of motivation and knowledge, and I know that by identifying the person and establishing how I can help them make positive changes to their health and well-being, is key to my practice.
People are desperately wanting to make changes. It’s my job to translate the science, dispel the myths and help them become, healthier, nourished, and confident to maintain the changes in their daily life... so why get in touch and let me to help you!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Honours Nutrition and Dietetics.
- REPs level 3 Personal Training
- Extensive experience in clinical nutrition in both NHS and the Private Sector.
- Specialist Oncology Dietitian with a special interest in gut disorders.
- Specialist in obesity and weight management.
- Specialist management of obesity related disease,Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, Non-alcoholic Fatty liver Disease, underactive thyroid and PCOS.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
- Initial consultation and 1xfollow up phone call. Suitable for clinical nutrition, fitness, sports, weight gain, general health - £180.00
(60 minutes, includes plan and measurements if required)
- Weight control package - £400.00 - includes biweekly video consultations for a 3 month program
- Weight loss group program - £250.00 - 8 weeks of learning and support - virtual group program
- Personal training £180.00 for 4 x 60 exercise sessions (over a 4 week period)
What to expect:
My plans and advice centre on the individual. I want them to carry on with their life, not take drastic steps so they give up after a few months, not have to spend money on pills and juices, eat separate meals from their family, stress about going out for a meal because they don’t know the exact ingredients. I believe we can lead healthy lives with regular everyday foods, I don’t believe we have to only eat super-foods and omit food groups.
My weight management strategy's are deeply personalised, I don't promote diets or strict regimes, instead I help identify the causes of weight gain. Empowerment, education and support are the basis of my weight loss approach. This approach leads not only to long term health and weight loss but greater self esteem and well being.
Sports and fitness nutrition is also a passion of mine, I can provide tailored nutrition for your fitness needs, from bulking, cutting or enhancing performance. Managing gastroenterology issues and carbohydrate modification.