Christine Kenny HCPC Registered Dietitian
I love my job because I honestly get to help so many people, people who often come to me confused about the many ‘diets’ out there, confused about health messages and conflicting information from friends, the internet and media.
When clients come to me for advice, I find out all about them and their goals, I work out how you can best achieve them. Using a combination of expert nutritional knowledge and behaviour change, I aim to enable you to improve your health and well being.
I provide evidence based nutrition advice and effective exercise programs. Based in Altrincham, I can help with a range of nutritional conditions, weight loss, fitness and sports nutrition. I can also help reduce digestive symptoms, identify food intolerance, and help you achieve optimum nutrition.
Whatever the nutritional need I know that one diet doesn’t fit all, what works for one person won’t always work for the next. People have different needs, different behaviours, different levels of motivation and knowledge, and I know that by identifying the person and establishing how I can help them make positive changes to their health and well-being, is key to my practice.
People are desperately wanting to make changes, whether that be weight loss, managing a condition or to improve their health but unsure of what to do. It’s my job to translate the science, dispel the myths and help them become, healthier, nourished, and confident to maintain the changes in their daily life... so why get in touch and let me to help you!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Honours Nutrition and Dietetics.
- REPs level 3 Personal Training
- Extensive experience in clinical nutrition in both NHS and the Private Sector.
- Specialist Oncology Dietitian with a special interest in gut disorders.
- Specialist weight management and personal training.
- Specialist management of Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, Non-alcoholic Fatty liver Disease, thyroid abnormalities, PCOS. IBS, Intolerances and allergies. Disease related malnutrition and elderly health.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of nutrition deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation suitable for clinical nutrition, fitness, sports, weight loss, health - £1100.00
(600 minutes, includes plan and measurements if required)
- Review - £50.00 (45 minutes includes plan and measurements if required)
- Food intolerance/IBS/Allergy - £300.00 (includes 2 x 60 minute consultations and 1 final review (30min))
- Weight control package - £300.00 - includes 3 visits, includes my workbook, recipes, meal planning, weekly telephone support, text and email support.
- Personal training £35.00 - 60 minutes of tailored nutrition and exercise.
Please see my website for further information and special offers.
What to expect:
My plans and advice centre on the individual. I want them to carry on with their life, not take drastic steps so they give up after a few months, not have to spend money on pills and juices, eat separate meals from their family, stress about going out for a meal because they don’t know the exact ingredients. I believe we can lead healthy lives with regular everyday foods, I don’t believe we have to only eat super-foods and omit food groups.
My weight management strategy's are deeply personalised, I don't promote diets or strict regimes, instead I help identify the causes of weight gain. Empowerment, education and support are the basis of my weight loss approach. This approach leads not only to long term health and weight loss but greater self esteem and well being.
Sports and fitness nutrition is also a passion of mine, I can provide tailored nutrition for your fitness needs, from bulking, cutting or enhancing performance. Managing gastroenterology issues and carbohydrate modification.