Catriona Ronald (PGDip, BSc (Hons) Food Nutrition and Health, ANutr)
Are you struggling with health issues, or feel you are not as well as you could be? Personalised nutrition coaching could help maximise energy, improve health and sense of wellbeing.
Hi, I’m Catriona, a BSc (Hons) graduate (Food, Nutrition and Health) and a Registered Associate Nutritionist. I coach clients to use nutrition in an optimum way to improve health and well-being.
Nutrition and its link to health is highly personal; no general eating recommendation will work for everyone. How individuals respond to nutrition depends on many factors including: age, gender, ethnicity, genetics, metabolism, lifestyle, environment and health problems. This means that personalised nutrition advice is the only way to ensure optimally beneficial advice for YOU!
I work with individuals and recommend nutritional changes to help reduce symptoms from health issues and/or gain a better quality of life. Where appropriate, I work alongside GPs/consultants and other healthcare professionals to provide a personalised nutrition service, based on scientific evidence.
My aim is to provide an uplifting experience, in a relaxed and friendly environment, where you will feel supported to make appropriate, effective, realistic and sustainable dietary and lifestyle changes so you can enjoy life to the full.
It is important to find out if what I offer meets your needs; contact me for an initial brief chat. Once you are happy to proceed, you will be asked to fill out some background information to kick start your first session.
As each person has individual needs and issues, packages of sessions and support usually work best for clients however; I do provide an option for a Discovery Session only if you feel it is more appropriate. For those taking packages, additional ongoing support is offered through e-mail, text, phone call, depending on client needs. I can further support individuals, where appropriate, with a kitchen shakedown and/or cooking lessons. I offer group information and cooking sessions depending on location and needs.
Dietary and lifestyle changes are individualised and designed to suit the pace of change suited to the specific client.
Personalised Nutrition Coaching
Start-Up Package (3 Sessions)
For best results, I recommend committing to a minimum of 3 sessions. This gives you time to review and iron out any kinks in the nutrition plan I create for you.
To create a nutrition plan that’s truly unique to you, I need to gather a clear picture of your starting point. Prior to session 1, I will supply forms to fill in; this will include a 4 day food diary which will highlight nutrition patterns and insight into your diet. In a face to face session, I will discuss your health, lifestyle, and diet as well as investigating the trigger issue(s) that brought you to me.
You’ll finish this first session with an initial plan of attack to get you started as well as some key recipes to introduce right away.
Session 2: I will provide your fully personalised nutrition plan including:
- All of your nutrition do’s and don'ts will be clearly outlined in the nutrition plan.
- Explanation of basic food science principles which apply to your specific issues.
- Amended recipes for 3 of your favourite meals to ensure your favourite foods work within the action plan.
- A supply of my own recipes to give you food inspiration for your newly amended diet.
- Another 4 day food diary to fill in before session 3.
Session 3: I will follow up to check your progress and tweak any elements of your action plan to improve your body’s response.
Many people benefit from having longer term coaching to really cement nutritional change into their lifestyle, this can be provided with ongoing sessions as appropriate. Those who opt for ongoing support receive new recipes and meal inspiration at each session as well as appropriate support between sessions e.g. e-mail, text, phone . . .
Discovery Session Only
This is perfect for those who want to discuss a particular nutrition issue and receive instant advice and nutritional tips, but do not wish to follow through to a full nutrition plan. Prior to the session, I will supply forms to fill in to provide a starting point; this will include a 4 day food diary which will highlight nutrition patterns and insight into your diet.
- In depth discussion of your health, lifestyle and diet. Discussion of your trigger issue(s) that brought you to me.
- Provision of a nutrition action plan - please bear in mind this is provided on the spot with no follow up analysis as you would have after the first sessions of a package, so may be less detailed/relevant than the nutrition plans provided as part of the Start Up Package.
- Some of my own recipes with extra nutritional tips.
I will come to your house to run through the contents of your kitchen cupboards with you.
I will provide information about the foods in your cupboards and encourage you to reduce, increase or completely clear out certain items that may have a bearing on your nutrition problems. I will guide you through an improved list of kitchen essentials.
I will come to your house and give you private cooking lessons. I will show you simple ways to improve your nutrition and leave you feeling confident with an array of new tasty recipes.
I can arrange kitchen sessions, demonstrations and talks on nutrition for groups of people. These will vary dependent on your needs and can be totally flexible.
In addition to being a qualified Nutritionist, I am also a qualified Level 3 Personal Trainer. Good nutrition and physical fitness go hand-in-hand for a healthy life.
For further information on all my packages and services, please visit my website www.catrionaronald.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
Catriona Ronald PGDip, BSc (Hons) Food Nutrition and Health, ANutr
- I am a Registered Associate Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition - the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) (http://www.associationfornutrition.org)
- Member of the Nutrition Society (https://www.nutritionsociety.org)
- CIMSP and REPS endorsed L3 Personal Trainer
- PGDip (TQFE) (2011). Further Education teaching qualification.
- BSc (Hons) Food Nutrition and Health (First Class) (2018).Dissertation on ‘Inhibitory effects of an aqueous extract of Clitoria ternatea flower on alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase during in-vitro wheat starch digestion’ which has contributed to research on plants that could be utilised to prepare functional foods and/or nutraceuticals to treat, and reduce the risk of developing, Type 2 Diabetes.
- Full professional insurance
After my initial university attendance (gaining a BSc (Hons) Mathematics (1984)), I worked in the Software Development industry for 20 years. I started as a software developer then project leader, project manager and development manager. I subsequently lectured in Computer Studies for 6 years. These occupations, and the skills/training/experience gained, have given me valuable life experience and insight into the stresses many people face in their working lives. I also gained insight into inflammatory bowel disease through my own experiences with Ulcerative Colitis leading me to study nutrition with the goal to help others to improve their health through appropriate nutritional coaching.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Fees vary dependent on requirements - full fees are available on my website at www.catrionaronald.co.uk.
Please get in touch to discuss the most appropriate programme for you and the costs involved.
As a guide, the recommended 3 session initial package is £150.