Weight, glucose, healthy eating, schools, workplaces & GPs.
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- I'm a Registered Nutritionist (BANT, CNHC) and a Health Coach specialising in weight loss, family nutrition, brain health, blood glucose management and general health and nutrition coaching.
- I run workshops and programmes in schools, workplaces and GP practices. My most popular programme consists of eight weekly one-hour sessions that provide a mix of activities and presentations. The programme is offered at a fixed price for all organisations and allows for up to 16 participants. It can be run in-person in the Yorkshire and Humber region and online where preferable.
- I conduct all my private, one-to-one consultations online.
- I am a lecturer in Nutrition Science and Practice at the NCA in York.
- I am a low-carb practitioner listed on DietDoctor website - I support keto, intermittent fasting, primal and paleo lifestyles.
- I volunteer with UK charity, The Public Health Collaboration - primary care practices can get in touch for details of free support from myself and my colleagues to run low-carb nutrition programmes for blood glucose management.
“I found Caroline to be extremely knowledgeable, thorough and empathic. She is very enthusiastic about nutrition and this is infectious! I feel that I have benefited from a new way of thinking about my diet and how it affects my health.”
“Was really grateful to be invited onto the programme. It was a bonus to be enlightened by a nutritionist who shed more light on so many important aspects of how food affects life/health. Something as simple as coming along for an hour once a week has spurred our family onto little changes in diet and exercise for the future. I’m glad I came to this class. Thank you!!“
“Really enjoyed this course and is a must do. Very informative. Caroline is an amazing teacher. Highly informative – children loved getting involved too.“
I volunteer as an ambassador for national charity, the Public Health Collaboration, providing support and information to health professionals about low-carb nutrition for T2DM.
Call or message me for an informal chat about how I might be able to help you. or book a 20-minute phone call via the scheduling button on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons)
- PgDip Nutrition Science and Practice
- Primal Health Coach Certification
- Public Health Collaboration Ambassador
- Facilitator of low-carb/low-GI programmes for type 2 diabetes
- Facilitator of health and nutrition programmes in schools and workplaces
- Lecturer in Nutrition Science and Practice at the NCA in York
- Writer, nutrition and lifestyle articles
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
When I work
Consultations: Monday to Thursday. Online scheduling so that you can choose an appointment to suit you.
Workshops/programmes Monday to Thursday, to suit your needs, subject to availability.