Beth Raven DipNT mBANT
I trained to become a Nutritional Therapist for 3 years because it all started to 'make sense' to me. Health isn't one dimensional and something that can be assessed in a 15 minute chat. Health encompasses your whole being including stress, sleep, support, food intake and relationship with food, outlook, purpose and much more. I am passionate about food first and foremost, as nourishing our physiological body starts here, but Nutritional Therapy encompasses so much more that this. These days our health has become much more complex and chronic due to our busy and often disconnected lifestyles, I work with clients to bring them back into a balance and create a sense of empowerment of their health and ultimately their life. My approach is very much one of collaboration, I work with you and actively listening to your needs is very integral to my practice.
My own health issues and those of my close family lead me to seek alternative therapy when I stopped getting answers from doctors. I knew there was more that could be done. Hope that a journey to healing is possible is something that remains a key belief within me to this day, and I hope to ignite that in my clients too.
I work with clients for one to one consultations, deliver talks and workshops to groups and provide kitchen cupboard resets, shopping lists and supermarket tours.
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified as a Nutritional Therapist in 2018 after 3 years of training at CNM Bristol.
I set up my business Positive Plate Nutrition in March 2019.
I have been attending events and talks to promote Nutritional Therapy.
I run a Skype clinic from home but I will soon be practicing in Taunton, Somerset 1 day a week.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
Photos & videos
Price is on request. As I am newly qualified my prices are very reasonable. Please don't be shy to enquire about pricing, I am amenable to suit people's need within reason.
I offer discount for blocks of sessions booked e.g. initial and two follow up appointments booked at once equates to a 15% discount.
I offer discounts periodically, at the moment I have my Spring Reset promotion running offering initial consultations for half price.
To give an idea of price (remember this can be flexible):
Initial session 1 hour face to face (plus 4 hours of my time outside of the appointment) £65.00
Follow up sessions 45 minutes face to face (plus 2 hours of my time outside of the appointment) £40.00
Initial and follow up booked together 1 hour 45 minutes total £82.00
*these all include email support and one 20 minute phone call
How my appointments work:
- Initial 15 minute FREE no obligation discovery call before we work together, to make sure we're the right fit for each other
- Initial appointment 1 hour via Skype or in person (days limited) I will ask you to fill out a comprehensive questionnaire beforehand and we'll go through it during the appointment
- *up to 5 hours of my time outside of the appointment researching, recipe writing, creating handouts, writing a detailed personalised diet, lifestyle and supplement plan
- I will send out your personalised plan within 7 days of our initial appointment
- I offer a 20 minute phone call so you can ask any questions about your plan
- I will ask you to follow the plan for a set amount of time e.g. 6 weeks
- I offer email support throughout
- Follow up 45 minute via Skype or in person (days limited) I will ask you how you have been getting on with your plan
- I will reformulate your plan based on what you've told me and send it out within 7 days of the appointment
- I offer a 20 minute phone call and email support
I am also available for shopping tours - what to look out for in the supermarkets to make the healthiest choices, for kitchen cupboard resets to start you on your health journey, I can do recipe demos on request.
I offer talks to local groups on any subject (I do have certain specialist areas also) I can come to your workplace and talk about nutrition and wellness
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||No|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I work on Wednesday afternoon, Friday morning and Saturday all day. I can be flexible with times to suit your need so please ask.