Atiya Khan BSc (Hons), PGCE, Dip. CNM, mBANT, CNHC, ANP
The Practice Rooms
24 Regent Street
The Practice Rooms
39 Cotham Hill
I am a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist and Yoga Teacher practising in Bristol and online.
My passion is using food and lifestyle to help you feel at your best. I will listen to you, ask you questions and advise on addressing your issues, using my scientific and holistic approach.
- Feel tired all time?
- Have sugar or other food cravings?
- Have gastrointestinal issues, such as bloating?
- Find it hard to concentrate?
- Get colds or ill a lot?
- Have trouble sleeping?
- Find it hard to lose or keep the same weight?
- Have mental health issues?
- Get PMS, irregular periods or fertility issues?
- Want to support your heart health?
- Want healthy skin, hair and nails?
- Want a balanced diet?
- Want advice on going vegetarian or vegan?
Nutritional therapy can help with these and support you with particular health conditions. I aim to find the cause of your issues (using testing, where necessary) and work with you in agreeing a food and lifestyle plan that is achievable and realistic. I use food as a medicine, advising on particular foods to support your individual needs, as each person is unique.
Please give me a call on 07901532704 to discuss how nutritional therapy can help you - no strings attached!
You can also look at my website as above.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a degree in Biochemistry & Biological Chemistry (University of Nottingham, 2002), and previously worked as a solicitor in London and primary school teacher in Bristol. I qualified as a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist in 2015 with the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), where I gained over 200 hours in clinics and have been practising since. I am also a qualified and registered Naturopath.
I am registered with the British Association of Applied Nutrition & Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP).
I see clients individually, run online courses, teach yoga, run health retreats, cooking demonstrations, health talks and am an Assistant Clinical Supervisor for CNM, where I trained. I previously worked at health retreat centre.
I am also a health writer and have had articles published by CNM, local health food shop Wild Oats, Natural Lifestyle Magazine, Bristol Bite Magazine and other publications. I am a Feature Writer for BANT, writing technical papers for other practitioners. I have also featured on local BBC Radio Bristol.
I am passionate about keeping up to date with the latest scientific research, and regularly undertake continuous professional development (CPD) training in varied topics. Recent topics included Nutrigenomics, Aging, Liver Detoxification and Gut Health.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Initial phone conversation (15-20 minutes) FREE
- One-to-one consultations
Packages offer a unique way of working together to help you achieve your health goals - you will feel supported and guided along the way. Packages are normally 8 weeks, and can be tailored according to your needs.
Prices from £95. Prices vary according to the level of support required.
One-to-ones at the Bristol Natural Health Service - Wednesday afternoons (1.15-5.15pm)
Other one-to-ones can be arranged at Hamilton House during the day time on Monday mornings, Tuesdays, Thursday mornings and some Friday mornings, subject to availability.
Some late afternoon appointments on Thursdays are available.
I am also an experienced yoga teacher, and offer health retreats, including yoga and food demonstrations: http://atiyayoga.com/
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekdays. Some early evenings and weekends (very limited). Please call me to discuss.