Annemarie Aburrow - Registered Dietitian
I am a Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian based in Southampton, Hampshire, with 10 years of experience. I am passionate about all aspects of nutrition, and have wide-ranging experience of all areas of nutrition and dietetics. I am experienced in most conditions, but my particular areas of specialism include:
- weight management
- IBS (experienced in the low FODMAP approach)
- children's nutrition
- sports nutrition
I offer 1:1 consultations in clinic, or I can come to see you in the comfort of your own home if you prefer (there may be an additional fee depending on your location). I am also available for teaching sessions or workshops, and any other type of consultancy work, including recipe / menu analysis and article writing. Please my website for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
- 2014 - Present: Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition at St Marys University
- 2010: Paediatric Module 1 through the British Dietetic Association
- 2009: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) at Eastleigh College
- 2003-2005: Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- 2000-2003: BSc (Hons) Physiology with Nutrition at the University of Southampton (1st Class Honours and achieved SMA Nutrition prize for academic excellence)
Experience / roles:
- 2013-present: Self-employed as a Dietitian
- 2013-present: Vice Chair & PR member for the Wessex Branch of the BDA, and Media Spokesperson for the BDA
- 2010-2013: Community Dietitian (Health Promotion and Prescribing Support) - NHS
- 2008-2010: Community Hospitals Dietitian (adult mental health and elderly rehabilitation) - NHS
- 2007-2008: Surgical Dietitian (and cover for HDU/intensive care) - NHS
- 2005-2007: Ward Dietitian (general medicine and elderly care) - NHS
- Training (including development, delivery and evaluation)
- Project management and tender submissions
- Dietary analysis
- Recipe / menu analysis
- Project management
- Media work
- Article writing
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
£80 - initial consultation (1 hour)
£55 - follow up consultation (30-45 minutes)
£60 - initial consultation by Skype / telephone (1 hour), or £15 per 15 minutes or part thereof
Sports nutrition - please contact me to discuss this as additional analysis work may be recommended, depending on your nutritional goal and athlete level