Annemarie Aburrow - Registered Dietitian
I am a Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian based in Southampton, Hampshire, with 10 years of experience. I am passionate about all aspects of nutrition, and have wide-ranging experience of all areas of nutrition and dietetics. I am experienced in most conditions, but my particular areas of specialism include:
- weight management
- IBS (experienced in the low FODMAP approach)
- children's nutrition
- sports nutrition
I offer 1:1 consultations in clinic, or I can come to see you in the comfort of your own home if you prefer (there may be an additional fee depending on your location). I am also available for teaching sessions or workshops, and any other type of consultancy work, including recipe / menu analysis and article writing. Please my website for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
- 2014 - Present: Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition at St Marys University
- 2010: Paediatric Module 1 through the British Dietetic Association
- 2009: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) at Eastleigh College
- 2003-2005: Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- 2000-2003: BSc (Hons) Physiology with Nutrition at the University of Southampton (1st Class Honours and achieved SMA Nutrition prize for academic excellence)
Experience / roles:
- 2013-present: Self-employed as a Dietitian
- 2013-present: Vice Chair & PR member for the Wessex Branch of the BDA, and Media Spokesperson for the BDA
- 2010-2013: Community Dietitian (Health Promotion and Prescribing Support) - NHS
- 2008-2010: Community Hospitals Dietitian (adult mental health and elderly rehabilitation) - NHS
- 2007-2008: Surgical Dietitian (and cover for HDU/intensive care) - NHS
- 2005-2007: Ward Dietitian (general medicine and elderly care) - NHS
- Training (including development, delivery and evaluation)
- Project management and tender submissions
- Dietary analysis
- Recipe / menu analysis
- Project management
- Media work
- Article writing
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£80 - initial consultation (1 hour)
£55 - follow up consultation (30-45 minutes)
£60 - initial consultation by Skype / telephone (1 hour), or £15 per 15 minutes or part thereof
Sports nutrition - please contact me to discuss this as additional analysis work may be recommended, depending on your nutritional goal and athlete level