Andrea Davis - Cancer Nutrition
519B Old York Road
Hi, my name is Andrea and I am a Specialist Cancer Dietitian based in London. I provide dietary advice to manage the side effects of cancer treatment, improve energy levels, prevent weight loss and reduce the risk of cancer recurrence. All of my advice is evidence-based using the most up-to-date information.
I have a lot of experience working with cancer patients including the management of digestive problems during and after cancer treatment such as bile acid malabsorption, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, difficulty swallowing or digesting foods and pancreatic enzyme insufficiency. I am also experienced in advising on the low FODMAP diet for IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). I deliver regular talks to patients and cancer charities including Myeloma UK, Lymphoma UK and Bowel Cancer UK amongst others. I have also lectured at London Metropolitan University on cancer and its management. You can find out more information about my qualifications and valuable experience on my website.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters degree in Dietetics, King’s College London
- Bachelors degree in Nutritional Sciences, University College Cork, Ireland
- Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Trained to deliver the low FODMAP diet which is mostly used in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome but can be sometimes useful in managing the long term gastrointestinal side effects of cancer treatment
- Registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of the BDA Specialist Oncology Group
- Member of the London Cancer Oesophago-Gastric pathway board
- Andrea has been invited to deliver a number of lectures on diet, cancer and its management later this year at London Metropolitan University.
- Experience working in a variety of large London teaching hospitals with specialist cancer services including the Royal Free Hospital, King's College Hospital and University College London Hospitals.
- Experience working with a variety of different cancer patients including stomach, oesophageal, lung, breast, kidney, skin, liver, pancreatic, gallbladder, bowel and blood cancers such as myeloma, lymphoma and leukaemia.
- Experience working alongside Oncology doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other therapists and palliative care teams.
- Experience in managing the late effects of cancer treatment such as gastrointestinal issues, weight loss, weight gain and reducing the risk of cancer recurrence
- Delivered presentations to various patient support groups on ‘Diet and Cancer’ including bowel, breast, myeloma and colon cancer.
- Asked to present at the Myeloma UK patient information day in 2015 on Diet and Myeloma
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
I offer face to face consultations in a comfortable relaxed clinic room
New appointment: £110
Follow up appointment: £80
I also offer telephone or video consultations
New appointment: £80
Follow up appointment: £50
For multiple sessions, a package can be arranged: 1 face to face consultation and 2 follow up appointments for 30 minutes by telephone/video: £175
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Evenings from 5:30-9pm and weekends (suitable times can be discussed)