Andrea Davis - Dietitian and Nutritionist
Hello. My name is Andrea. I am a Specialist Dietitian and Nutritionist based in London and my goal is to help people make sense of nutrition. I provide dietary advice to manage the side effects, improve energy levels and prevent weight loss during cancer treatment, and reduce the risk of cancer recurrence. I also provide dietary advice for weight loss, diabetes, heart health, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, coeliac disease, polycystic ovary syndrome and other digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhoea and reflux.
I have a lot of experience working in these areas including the management of digestive problems during and after cancer treatment such as bile acid malabsorption, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, difficulty swallowing or digesting foods and pancreatic enzyme insufficiency. I am also experienced in advising on the low FODMAP diet for IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) and providing tailored advice for weight management.
You can find out more information about my qualifications and valuable experience on my website. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters degree in Dietetics, King’s College London
- Bachelors degree in Nutritional Sciences, University College Cork, Ireland
- Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Trained to deliver the low FODMAP diet which is mostly used in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome but can be sometimes useful in managing the long term gastrointestinal side effects of cancer treatment
- Registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as a Dietitian and Supplementary Prescriber
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of the BDA Specialist Oncology Group
· Andrea is a Guest Lecturer on Cancer and its Dietary Management to student dietitians at London Metropolitan University from 2017 to present.
· Experience working in a number of large London teaching hospitals within their specialist cancer services including the Royal Free Hospital, King's College Hospital and University College London Hospitals.
· Experience working with a variety of different cancer patients including stomach, oesophageal, lung, breast, kidney, skin, liver, pancreatic, gallbladder, bowel and blood cancers such as myeloma, lymphoma and leukaemia. Experience working with IBS, weight loss, diabetes, coeliac disease and patients with other digestive problems.
· Experience working alongside Oncology doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other therapists and palliative care teams.
· Experience in managing the late effects of cancer treatment such as gastrointestinal issues (bile acid malabsorption/dumping syndrome/bacterial overgrowth), weight loss, weight gain and reducing the risk of cancer recurrence
· She has delivered presentations to various patient support groups on ‘Diet and Cancer’ including pancreatic, lymphoma, bowel, breast, myeloma and colon cancer.
· Guest presenter at the Lymphoma Association 'Live Your Life conference' in 2018 and the Myeloma UK patient information day in 2015
. She has also been invited to present at the CECOG (Central European Cooperative Oncology Group) Academy in Amsterdam this December 2018 on ‘Nutrition and Pancreatic Cancer’.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
Photos & videos
I offer face to face consultations in a comfortable relaxed clinic room
New appointment: £120
Follow up appointment: £90
I also offer telephone or video consultations
New appointment: £100
Follow up appointment: £70
For multiple sessions, a package can be arranged: 1 face to face consultation and 2 follow up appointments for 30 minutes by telephone/video: £199
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Evenings from 5:30-9pm and weekends (suitable times can be discussed)