Amanda Morris Nutrition FdSc, Dip ION, mBANT, CNHC.
18 Covert Road
I am a fully qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist practising in Berkhamsted and the surrounding areas. I provide individual nutrition consultations designed specifically around your needs and lifestyle. Nutritional Therapy seeks to identify underlying imbalances which may be contributing to your health issues, or performance. Often small changes may reap big results. Nutritional therapy can be powerful, targeted and extremely effective in all manner of scenarios.
I am also a qualified Metabolic Balance coach. Metabolic Balance is a nutritional prescription based on results of your personal blood tests which measure over 40 parameters. It aims to balance multiple areas of your metabolism potentially enhancing health and weight loss. It is fully supported by nutritional research and can be an incredible tool. I offer a first free consultation (30 minutes) to see if Metabolic Balance is right for you.
Thank you so much for all your help and advice. Through all the support I received, my digestion is much improved and things are looking good.
Robert, Hemel Hempstead
I would highly recommend Amanda Morris. I had been diagnosed with ulcers in my bowel, so I thought I would try to help myself with my diet. I was quite sceptical at first but decided to throw myself into it and followed Amanda's advice to the letter. In the first week my symptoms became worse but I spoke to Amanda and we changed a few things. Gradually over a 6 week period I became symptom free. I have now been symptom free for 5 months and I feel fantastic. I want everyone to realise the benefits of seeing a nutritionist. I truly believe they are the doctors of tomorrow. Thank you Amanda for your professional, friendly approach. I miss chatting to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained at The Institute of Optimum Nutrition in London, one of the UK's leading schools of science and evidence based Nutritional Therapy. I am fully registered with both BANT (the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) and CNHC (the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council) and I am fully insured to practice. I've previously suffered a number of health issues which puts me in a unique position to practice with knowledge and understanding of how health issues can affect your day to day life.
I have a special interest in the following areas:-
1)Thyroid Health - Having personally( previously) suffered from less than optimal thyroid health I offer a tailored approach to support thyroid health with a deep understanding of how this important system can impact your daily life.
3) Digestive function - Many people suffer with less then optimal digestive health and think it to be normal. Imbalances in the digestive tract can impact overall health in multiple ways and have an impact on your quality of life. We work together to devise a plan that works for your taste and your life and supports your digestive system aiming for optimal function.
2) Enhanced Detoxification. Enhanced detoxification is a powerful strategy which aims to support and enhance the body's natural detoxification processes. Many environments can increase our toxic load. I use individually tailored dietary programmes along with appropriate supportive supplementation and a far infrared sauna, an incredibly effective combined approach aimed at fine tuning the body's own detox systems.
3) Metabolic Balance. This is the well respected weight loss programme from Germany based on enhancing your metabolism for optimum benefit in terms of weight loss and health. A blood test is performed measuring over 40 markers and MB provide a food prescription based on those results. If you are the sort of person who likes to be told exactly what to eat for the best results MB is for you. I offer a free 30 minute consultation to see if MB is right for you.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
'First contact' call/conversation of up to 15 minutes - Free
- Initial consultation up to 90 minutes - £80
- Follow up consultation of up to 45 minutes - £60
- Pre paid package of 2 follow up consultations £100
- Pre paid package of 3 follow up consultations £150
Email support x 1 between consultations - Free
- Metabolic Balance package including blood tests, MB food prescription and professional support including 6 consultations across 3 months - £850.
- Enhanced Detoxification package (prepaid) including 3 consultations (1 initial and 2 follow ups), multiple use of the far infrared sauna and telephone support x1 in between each consultation - £400.
- Far Infrared Sauna - A course of 8 sessions across a 4 week period - £200.
A reusable Menu planner is included in every initial consultation to encourage long term meal planning.
So often in life we look for an immediate 'quick fix' only to realise it may not be the long term solution. Nutritional Therapy, from a qualified practitioner, may be part of your long term solution. We work together to form new food and lifestyle habits that are easy, time efficient and satisfying. In general we do not go down the 'extreme' route. Many clients find that a few manageable additions or substitutions to their diet may trigger significant benefits in terms of health. Powerful, effective and targeted support is provided. Nutritional Therapy looks to support whole body systems and is relevant in a number of chronic health conditions. We use supplements and specific biochemical testing when indicated. We can work to support:
Nervous system health
Musculo skeletal Health
The process involves completing a detailed health questionnaire and food diary clarifying the issues you are looking to support, this is done prior to your first consultation. I will spend on average 4 hours analysing the information and researching any specific issues. You will then come for the first consultation where there is more information gathering and we then work out a prioritised plan, that fits with your life and aims to address any imbalances that may be contributing to your health issues. The follow up consultations involve monitoring your progress, helping with menu planning and working on other imbalances to support optimal health.
MY PRATICE IN NORTHCHURCH, BERKHAMSTED IS FULLY ACCESSIBLE TO WHEELCHAIR USERS.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer appointment times that work for you. Contact me for further details.