07958416223 / 07958416223
Amanda is a experienced qualified Nutritionist, a Registered Associate Nutritionist and a member of the Nutrition Society. The founder of Red Cabbage Nutrition, a consultancy & a social enterprise. Amanda loves food, diet and is passionate about its link with health. .
Amanda is available for one- to-one consultations providing information empowering you to make informed choices on how best to improve your diet, thus enabling you to plan your meals and cook from scratch for yourself and/or your family.
Also available are group seminars; such ‘cook&eat’ sessions for workplaces or guest lectures in academic settings. Bespoke events can be designed, get in touch to discuss.
Amanda’s experience of working within nutrition and her research that ensures Amanda can advise on nutritional needs, deliver training and aid in all aspects eating well.
Amanda recently appeared as a guest on Radio Chorley Ruth’s Healthy Breakfast show to discuss vitamin D, she has attended & submitted posters European conferences and presented at the Nutrition society Conferences. Amanda is a part time Research Assistant at the University of Chester
For latest client feedback follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/redcabbagenutrition/
Training, qualifications & experience
- Public Health Nutrition MSc
- Human Nutrition BSc (Hons)
- Feeding Babies and Toddlers (NHS),
- 'Eat Well Feel Well’ courses (NHS),
- ‘Breast Feeding Awareness’ course (NHS),
- ‘Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection (level 1), Lancashire County Council (LCC).
- ‘Inspiring Volunteers’ (including diversity & equal opportunities, communication & listening skills, boundaries and confidentiality), (LCC).
Association for Nutrition
- FODMAP diet
- Healthy diet/weight loss
- Cook & Eat sessions
- Meal planning, recipes
- Supermarket Tours & decode labels
- Healthy Lunch Boxes advice/ideas/recipes
- Presented to Trainee Teachers at Preston College about Public Health Nutrition
- Interviewed on Ruth's Healthy Breakfast Show Radio Chorley about the latest Vitamin D requirements
- Dietary assessment in minority ethnic groups: a systematic review of instruments for portion-size estimation in the United Kingdom by Eva Almiron-Roig, Amanda Aitken, Catherine Galloway, and Basma Ellahi
- Preference and perceived useability of portion size tools in migrant South Asian Women (12th European Nutrition conference (FENS) Berlin Oct 2015)
- Preston College - Guest Lecturer March 2017
- Radio Chorley July 2016
- Assessing portion size in ethnic minorities in the U.K.: A systematic review of existing instruments. (Nutrition Society Summer Meeting Nottingham 2015)
- Dietary vitamin D consumption, sunlight exposure, sunscreen use and parental knowledge of vitamin D sources in a cohort of children aged 1-6 years in North West England (Nutrition Society Summer Meeting Glasgow 2014)
- Street food vendors in Ghana: Fruit and vegetable knowledge and influences on vending practice (Nutrition Society Summer Meeting Glasgow 2014)
All of the above can be viewed in full @ www.redcabbagenutrition.co.uk
Recent Attended Seminars
- Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum Keynote Seminar: Implementing the new childhood obesity plan. London. Jan 2017.
- 12th European Nutrition conference (FENS).Berlin. Oct 2015.
- Nutrition Society Summer Meeting. Nottingham.2015.
- Food Matters Live Excel. London. November. 2014.
- There's nothing I can do to protect myself against cancer" World Cancer research Event. Manchester September. 2014.
- Association for Nutrition North West CPD day, Chester Nov. 2013.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Life stages
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Free initial telephone call - just to make sure this is the best option for you.
Once we decide to go ahead and book a consultation then see below for your options, there are no hidden costs and additional reviews are entirely optional.
All consultations include a written summary of the consultation, a diet review, meal plans and recipes.
Chat & Info Package £45
One-2-one consultation £60
30/40 minute follow ups £49
2 month package £105
Low FODMAP diet package 3+ months for £160
I also offer:
4 Week Family Package – 2 Clients at the Same Address - £75
8 Week Family Package – 2 Clients at the Same Address - £140
Chat & Info package £45
- Telephone consultation
- Diet Review, if required .
- Summary & Information Pack – summary of consultation and tailored to your specific nutrition and health objectives.
- Food/meal plan
- Up to 3 recipes if required
One-2-one Consultations £60
- A 50 minute face to face, Skype (or phone consultation if preferred) will be arranged.
- Diet Review.
- Anthropometrics if necessary. (I can weigh you and take measurements using Seca professional equipment if required/necessary or requested – this is not obligatory).
- Information Pack – tailored to your specific nutrition and health objectives.
- Personal Action Plan & Summary – each client receives an action plan and summary of the consultation.
- Food Plan – unlike traditional ‘diet’ plans these are tailored around and encompass personal tastes, likes and dislikes
- Up to 7 recipes if required
- Weekly Email/text ‘check ins’ for up to 4 weeks = £60
Follow ups 30 - 40 mins Skype/ phone consultation or face to face
- Updated Diet Review
- Updated Anthropometrics
- Updated Information Pack – tailored to your specific needs
- Updated Action Plan
- Amended/ updated food plan
- Weekly Email/text ‘check ins’ for up to 4 weeks = £49
Low FODMAP diet package 3+ months for £160
- Initial 50 minute face to face, Skype (or phone consultation if preferred), plus a 30-40 minute follow up at 4/6 weeks and 10-14 weeks
- Diet Review
- Information Pack – tailored to your specific needs.
- Action Plan & Summary – each client receives an action plan and summary of the consultation
- Food Plan – unlike traditional ‘diet’ plans these are tailored around what the individual is already eating, encompassing personal tastes, likes and dislikes
- Up to 20 recipes if required
- Weekly Email/text ‘check ins’ for up to 12 weeks.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available from Monday 6th November, if you would like an appointment please e mail m e. Thanks