Alice Walker Registered Dietitian Nutrition:AL
I am a registered HCPC Dietitian with over 10 years of NHS clinical experience.
NutritionAL is my private venture which is well established in Brighton & Hove and covering Sussex.
Nutrition:AL can help you to relieve your digestive problems. Having specialised in digestive diseases I have experience and knowledge to give you the very best nutritional advice. I am FODMAP trained so can support and guide you through a low FODMAP diet to ease IBS symptoms.
I also work with a variety of digestive conditions such as heartburn, reflux, Coeliac disease, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, and general digestive discomfort. I can help you improve your gut health to make you feel better from the inside out.
- I can offer face-face or virtual (video/telephone) consultations
- Virtual consultations can make sense if you are keen to see a dietitian but unable to travel to Hove for the appointment. There is nothing inferior about a virtual consultation. It can save a lot of time and money for the client.
- My face-face appointments are conducted in a central Hove location
- I can offer you appointments from 6 pm on weekday evenings or at weekends (subject to availability).
Training, qualifications & experience
- 10 years of clinical practice working in a busy digestive diseases unit
- Specialised in specific area of nutrition is GUT HEALTH
- Studied Nutrition and Dietetics at Surrey University (Bsc Hons) Graduated in 2009
- PENG Clinical Nutrition Course. Queen Margaret's University, Edinburgh 2014
- Kings College London FODMAP course and training, London
- St Marks Intestinal Failure Course 2018. London
- Member of BDA (The UK association for Dietitians)
- Member of Freelance Dietitians
- HCPC registered professional.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of nutrition deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My fee structure follows guidance from British Dietetic Association
Gut Package £130 – includes 1:1 initial consultation lasting 50 minutes, 1 follow up consultation, 1 x 20 minute support telephone call, gut symptom evaluation, written information, food and symptom diary analysis and tailored dietary advice to help your symptoms.
Initial consultation £75 for an hour consultation- face to face in my therapy rooms in Central Hove
Follow up appointment £40 for 40 minutes- face to face in my therapy rooms in Central Hove
Online consultations also available £60 for initial hour, £30 for follow up (30 minutes)
I am more than happy to discuss your needs to see how we can work together to help your symptoms. If you are suffering from digestive discomfort we can discuss and provide tailored dietary plans to help your symptoms.
I am passionate about helping people and translating science into everyday eating and drinking to help with a variety of health conditions. I look forward to working with you.