Alexis Prior DipION, FdSc, MBANT, CNHC
I offer one-to-one nutritional therapy consultations in Bath and Corsham.
My practice is evidence-based and uses a functional medicine approach, which considers the underlying causes of symptoms, and how nutritional imbalances can contribute towards these.
I endeavour to give my clients the knowledge and tools to understand how their diet is impacting on their health and work with them to put a tailored, enjoyable and effective plan in place. This includes dietary and lifestyle changes and supplements where appropriate. I can also recommend non-invasive clinical testing when needed.
I support women over 40 and my key areas of interest include gastrointestinal health, auto-immune conditions, weight loss and hormonal health with particular interest in thyroid and adrenal support.
I also offer group programmes:
1. Hot Women - A Positive Approach to Perimenopause - a 5-week programme for women wanting to understand the change and how to support our health and balance our hormones. See my website for more details.
2. Fresh Start - A 3-week online programme for anyone in a nutrition rut who wants a gentle detox, to understand whether key foods are provoking symptoms and to learn a way of cooking and eating to support health for the future. The plan includes delicious recipes and meal plans. See my website for more details and testimonials.
I am a coach for the renowned Metabolic Balance 12 week Weight Loss Programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a DipION nutritional therapist having studied at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and graduated with Distinction and the Dian Shepperson Mills award for Outstanding Clinical Performance.
I am a full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
I also undertake Continuous Professional Development to ensure safety and competence as a nutritional therapist and healthcare provider.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
- Initial consultation - 90 minutes - £99 - In person or via Skype
- Follow-up consultations - 45 minutes - £80 - In person or via Skype
- New Client Package - £230 - Includes initial 90-minute consultation and 2 x 45 minute consultations offering a saving of £30. Consultations may be in person or via Skype.
- Hot Women - A Positive Approach To Perimenopause 5-week Group Workshops - £75
- Fresh Start - Online Programme for anyone in a nutrition rut, wanting a gentle detox, to identify key food sensitivities and to manage weight - £65
- 12 week Metabolic Balance Weight Loss Programme - £695 (includes blood testing, personal programme and 6 consultations over 12 weeks.