Alexis Prior DipION, FdSc, MBANT, CNHC
I offer one-to-one nutritional therapy consultations in Bath and Corsham.
My practice is evidence-based and uses a functional medicine approach, which considers the underlying causes of symptoms, and how nutritional imbalances can contribute towards these.
I endeavour to give my clients the knowledge and tools to understand how their diet is impacting on their health and work with them to put a tailored, enjoyable and effective plan in place. This includes dietary and lifestyle changes and supplements where appropriate. I can also recommend non-invasive clinical testing when needed.
I support women over 40 and my key areas of interest include gastrointestinal health, auto-immune conditions, weight loss and hormonal health with particular interest in thyroid and adrenal support.
I also offer group programmes:
1. Hot Women - A Positive Approach to Perimenopause - a 5-week programme for women wanting to understand the change and how to support our health and balance our hormones. See my website for more details.
2. Fresh Start - A 3-week online programme for anyone in a nutrition rut who wants a gentle detox, to understand whether key foods are provoking symptoms and to learn a way of cooking and eating to support health for the future. The plan includes delicious recipes and meal plans. See my website for more details and testimonials.
I am a coach for the renowned Metabolic Balance 12 week Weight Loss Programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a DipION nutritional therapist having studied at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and graduated with Distinction and the Dian Shepperson Mills award for Outstanding Clinical Performance.
I am a full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
I also undertake Continuous Professional Development to ensure safety and competence as a nutritional therapist and healthcare provider.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Initial consultation - 90 minutes - £99 - In person or via Skype
- Follow-up consultations - 45 minutes - £80 - In person or via Skype
- New Client Package - £230 - Includes initial 90-minute consultation and 2 x 45 minute consultations offering a saving of £30. Consultations may be in person or via Skype.
- Hot Women - A Positive Approach To Perimenopause 5-week Group Workshops - £75
- Fresh Start - Online Programme for anyone in a nutrition rut, wanting a gentle detox, to identify key food sensitivities and to manage weight - £65
- 12 week Metabolic Balance Weight Loss Programme - £695 (includes blood testing, personal programme and 6 consultations over 12 weeks.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|