Alexis Prior DipION, FdSc, MBANT, CNHC
I offer one-to-one nutritional therapy consultations in Bath and Corsham.
My practice is evidence-based and uses a functional medicine approach, which considers the underlying causes of symptoms, and how nutritional imbalances can contribute towards these.
I endeavour to give my clients the knowledge and tools to understand how their diet is impacting on their health and work with them to put a tailored, enjoyable and effective plan in place. This includes dietary and lifestyle changes and supplements where appropriate. I can also recommend non-invasive clinical testing when needed.
I support women over 40 and my key areas of interest include gastrointestinal health, auto-immune conditions, weight loss and hormonal health with particular interest in thyroid and adrenal support.
I also offer group programmes:
1. Hot Women - A Positive Approach to Perimenopause - a 5-week programme for women wanting to understand the change and how to support our health and balance our hormones. See my website for more details.
2. Fresh Start - A 3-week online programme for anyone in a nutrition rut who wants a gentle detox, to understand whether key foods are provoking symptoms and to learn a way of cooking and eating to support health for the future. The plan includes delicious recipes and meal plans. See my website for more details and testimonials.
I am a coach for the renowned Metabolic Balance 12 week Weight Loss Programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a DipION nutritional therapist having studied at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and graduated with Distinction and the Dian Shepperson Mills award for Outstanding Clinical Performance.
I am a full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
I also undertake Continuous Professional Development to ensure safety and competence as a nutritional therapist and healthcare provider.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
Photos & videos
- Initial consultation - 90 minutes - £99 - In person or via Skype
- Follow-up consultations - 45 minutes - £80 - In person or via Skype
- New Client Package - £230 - Includes initial 90-minute consultation and 2 x 45 minute consultations offering a saving of £30. Consultations may be in person or via Skype.
- Hot Women - A Positive Approach To Perimenopause 5-week Group Workshops - £75
- Fresh Start - Online Programme for anyone in a nutrition rut, wanting a gentle detox, to identify key food sensitivities and to manage weight - £65
- 12 week Metabolic Balance Weight Loss Programme - £695 (includes blood testing, personal programme and 6 consultations over 12 weeks.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|