I am a registered and experienced nutritional therapist and counsellor, I specialise in helping women who struggle with binge eating, emotional overeating and long term weight and body image concerns.
I offer nutrition counselling to help you achieve a relaxed, healthy and balanced relationship with food and eating.
Why work with me?
- I can support you to achieve freedom from disordered eating patterns, feeling out of control around food and constant dieting and bingeing/overeating.
- My practice is weight inclusive and compassionate, there is no judgement of you, your size, shape or eating habits.
- I use my extensive training in nutrition, eating psychology, mindfulness and counselling to offer a personalised support package which works for you.
- I believe in simple, achievable and sustainable changes which lead to consistent and lasting impacts on your health and wellbeing.
- I don't use restrictive diets or weight loss plans, these are unhelpful and unsustainable for people with disordered eating issues. We'll work together to find a balanced, nourishing way of eating that allows you to enjoy food as well as meet your nutritional needs.
- We’ll work on understanding what’s driving your eating behaviours and discover the triggers for binges and overeating. I offer a safe space where you can explore how past experiences and events may be causing you to use food as an emotional coping mechanism.
Our goal will be to achieve effortless, compassionate self-care and peace around food and eating. This is not a quick fix, but it is a lasting solution to issues you may have struggled with for life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters level PG Dip Nutritional Therapy
- Meditation teacher (BSoM)
- Mindful Eating, Conscious Living (ME-CL) course facilitator
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (ongoing)
- BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy)
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy-student member)
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
£50.00 per session
I offer weekly, 50 minute therapy sessions to give you the structured support you need to achieve a healthy, balanced relationship with food.
Initial assessment (60 minutes) £60
Weekly sessions (50 minutes) £50
Eating and body image issues are often deep seated and may have been a lifelong challenge for you. I am not offering a ‘quick fix’ approach, but rather an opportunity for you to deeply explore your issues and work towards lasting and sustainable change- a commitment which will benefit your health and wellbeing for life.