Aira Mahandru, BA (Hons), DipNT, IFM CP
I am a Functional Medicine Practitioner and a registered Nutritional Therapist working with women and men who are motivated improve their health and wellbeing. My aim is to get to the cause of why you started not feeling well and what exactly triggered the symptoms that you are experiencing.
From your first appointment you will walk out with a personalised matrix of your underlying issues knowing what to concentrate on. Everyone is different and unique, and my plan is tailored specifically for you. My aim is to work together with you to help you shift from illness to wellness.
For weight loss programmes I use the Metabolic Balance nutritional programme that has been built on 25 years of scientific research. This programme will help you rebalance and reset your metabolism, resulting in weight loss. It is a unique individualised food plan calculated on your own blood haematology and biochemistry test results, analysed by a sophisticated computer programme. Please see http://www.amnutrition.uk/weight-loss/ for further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Institute for Functional Medicine fully certified practitioner (IFM, US)
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition (College of Naturopathic Medicine, London)
- Diploma in Naturopathy (College of Naturopathic Medicine, London)
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York)
- Metabolic Balance Coach (Metabolic Balance, London)
- British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA)
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Solicitor of England and Wales (non practicing)
- Yoga teacher (British Wheel of Yoga registered)
- BA International Business and Management (Hons)
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- £120 per hour charged pro rata
- Metabolic Balance weight loss programme is a structured 3 month programme and different fees apply (see website for details).
Your first Initial Appointment includes a thorough case review where I will assess:
- your medical and health history, including your current symptoms and main aims
- your current medications and supplements
- your body systems which include: gastrointestinal, nervous, endocrine, reproductive, immune, respiratory, urinary, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, integumentary
- any blood tests that you have done in the last six month
After your first appointment you will receive:
- electronic copy of your report
- personalised advise that you can begin to implement straight away
- advise on any further testing, if required, through your GP or privately
- advise on any supplements, if required
- in serious cases and where required, I will write to your GP for further investigation
To get started:
- Email me to set up a complementary 15 minute call at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your health concerns
- After the call I will set you up on my system and email you forms to fill in prior to consultation
- Fill in the forms
- Come to the appointment