The benefits of wheatgrass juice and carrot juice
It is recommended to drink at least a couple of shots of Wheatgrass juice per week. Wheatgrass juice is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. To boost your immune system which is your first defence against disease, you need to be eating the right food.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant. It is a natural source of vitamins and minerals (a few of which are antioxidants) including vitamins A, E, C, K and B6, Calcium, Selenium, Magnesium and Iron. Wheatgrass is one of nature’s superfoods.
In the 1930's an American agricultural chemist, Dr. Charles F Schnabel noted that ailing hens fed fresh, young wheatgrass recovered quickly, grew faster and fertility doubled compared with healthy hens fed standard diets. Other pioneers such as Japanese pharmacist, Dr Yoshihide Hagiwara have proven wheatgrass to be of major therapeutic significance.
Although nearly all the active substances in wheatgrass have been discovered and named there is still the one factor that is not known – called the 'Grass Juice Factor'. The Grass Juice Factor may stimulate human growth factors, which has a powerful effect on the regeneration of damaged skin and the body in general. This factor could be the very small, as yet unidentified, biologically active molecules that contribute to good health.
According to medical scientists and researchers, wheatgrass stimulates growth factors that are responsible for numerous physiological and immunological processes in humans and animals. Here are some examples:
- Improve the immune system.
- Stimulate circulation: increases oxygen in the blood.
- Antioxidant effects: contains high levels of antioxidants to mop up free radicals.
- Enhances skin and improves its condition.
- Aids digestion: it is alkaline and helps IBS conditions.
- Anti-inflammatory: lowers inflammation. Thus, it provides relief from common body aches and pains.
- Blood builder: wheatgrass juice has been proven to build red blood cells.
- Normalizes high blood pressure and stimulates healthy tissue cell growth.
- Lower cholesterol: lowers triglyceride levels and ultimately decreases inflammation - cholesterol is an indicator of inflammation in the body.
- Increases fat metabolism and so aids weight loss. It also contains selenium, which is crucial for the functioning of the thyroid gland.
It is also recommended to drink carrot juice every day. Not everyone can due to the sugar content, but carrot juice is a good source of calcium and other minerals and is very healing. You can put in a green leaf or two. On the days you don't have carrot juice you can try the wheatgrass juice. Capsules are ok but the shots are better. Juicing your own is even better but not practical for everyone.
Another addition to a nutritionally balanced diet is a teaspoon of nutritional yeast on your food per day for added B vitamins and some protein.
For information on how you can use hair mineral analysis to determine the diet and supplements you need to take, please follow the link in the bio below. Hair mineral analysis can also help to find out the working state of your adrenals and thyroid, toxicity indicators and what imbalances in minerals you have that are at the root of your symptoms.
(Available in English and Arabic.)
Find a nutritionist dealing with healthy eating
All therapists are verified professionals.