Nutritional help to keep you 'regular'
Do you suffer from constipation and bloating?
Have you seen your GP and been told its IBS and you are still suffering?
Here are five simple things you can do and then if you are still suffering an appointment with a nutritional therapist could really help:
1) Drink a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning. This stimulates the system for a good start to the day.
2) Add a tablespoon of cracked flaxseeds or linseeds to your breakfast meal and 30 minutes later drink a glass of water. Cracked flaxseeds or linseeds absorb fluid better to form a softer stool.
3) Drink between 1.5 - 2 litres of fluid such as water or as herb or fruit teas, throughout the day.
4) Eat at least one apple a day - the old adage, "an apple a day keeps the Dr away" is well worth remembering.
5) Eat magnesium and fibre-rich foods daily such as whole grains, seeds, nuts, leafy green vegetables and pulses.
If you are still suffering you should consider an appointment with a local nutritional therapist. Nutritional therapists are skilled in providing help to support bowel health and constipation and can provide expert advice to make sure the toxins are cleared from your system and help you to keep regular bowel habits.
Find a nutritionist dealing with digestive problems
or try our advanced search