Food mood and attitude
Cost:Free for residents. £80 if outside area
- Find an event in your area
Starting in January 2017 - if you are resident, sign up to these free sessions on offer across County Durham Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and Stockton. They look more closely at the 'why' of eating and help tackle problem behaviours like emotional eating, compulsive overeating and eating out of boredom.
The six week course is delivered by registered dietitian and nutritionist Dawn Shotton. Get in touch with Dawn or more details on dates times and venues for 2017.
- Learn to use your senses to stop overeating.
- Explore the why and how of eating – to gain more control.
- Apply mindful principles to your eating habits to gain control and feel confident with food.
- Understand how our senses interplay and influence our perceptions while eating.
- Learn strategies to manage emotional eating and food behaviours.
- Understand how food can affect mood - and get tips to help.
- Unpick media images and see how they influence our way of thinking.
- Gain confidence in eating the foods you love – and still remain a healthy weight.
- Access support from an expert in weight management and registered health professional in dietetics.
Participants must be resident in Teesside or County Durham area and be over 19 years old to qualify for a funded place.
About the host
Dawn Shotton, founder of Dietwise, is an experienced registered dietitian with a passion for helping people with weight management. She has been UK registered health professional for over 20 years, and offers you the reassurance of factual, evidence based solutions to your dietary needs, with empathy and understanding.
The help and advice from my Nutritionist, with my aim of losing weight through the 5:2 system,...
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 31 years (I will soon be 63). The symptoms vary, but...