Food fads that harm, food facts that heal
Date & Time:11th January 2018, 5pm - 7.30pm
Cost:£18 per 2.5 hour session or £70 for the full course
Location:St Mary's Centre
- Find an event in your area
Sick of fake news and fads about food? Then come to a course that seeks out the facts about the diet we can eat that will have a real benefit for our health. Join a registered dietitian, regulated by the Health Care Professions Council. Dawn will sift through the hype and often harmful advice given out by unscrupulous 'pseudo' professionals. Using sound evidence, Dawn from Dietwise will explore popular topics with you and dispel the myths:
- Carbs and calories - what really is the best weight loss technique?
- Good guts - optimising our gut health through the food we eat
- Fats, foods and facts - look behind the headlines and get to the bottom of the latest health research that will help keep our hearts healthy
- Food for mood and mind - all you need to know to support mental well being and promote mental agility
- Sweet dilemma - is sugar really bad or is it just 'fake' news? Find out what you really need to do.
Courses run over five weeks. Sessions are 2.5 hours long.
About the host
Dawn Shotton is an experienced dietitian with a track record of over 20 years. She is an experienced presenter and enjoys delivering lively and interactive sessions with people who share her interest and passion for good nutrition and the benefits it can bring to our health.
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
In my teen years I suffered from Anorexia and was put into a treatment programme. With the...
I found a nutritionist on this site after reading an article about sports nutrition. I've...