Demystifying nutrition: improving health and well-being
Date & Time:9th - 16th September 2017, 12pm - 1pm
Cost:£15 per session (two-part course)
Location:Greasley Sports Centre (Parish Hall)
- Find an event in your area
A nutrition and well-being course aimed at equipping you with the knowledge and techniques to take control of your health and better manage your overall well-being.
Practical advice in an informative, relaxed environment delivered by an accredited professional nutritionist (registered with the Association for Nutrition (AfN), The Nutrition Society and The British Dietetic Association (BDA Affiliate).
The course will include:
Part one – 09/09/2017, 12:00-13:00
• Healthy lifestyle and nutrition principles (realistic guidance on how to achieve a well-balanced diet with nutrition guidelines).
• Mindfulness and eating (strategies to manage emotion related eating, as well as other triggers).
• Goal setting (effective goal setting techniques to get you started on the journey to becoming healthier).
Part two – 16/09/2017, 12:00-13:00
• Behaviour change techniques (to facilitate sustainable change. You may have made positive change in the past but have difficulty in maintaining them).
• Myth busting session (demystifying nutrition – clarifying miscommunicated nutrition advice, and answering any questions you may have).
• Goal setting (effective goal setting techniques to get you started on the journey to becoming healthier. Revisiting principles of effective goal setting and setting some new goals for the week including some long term goals.
Informative handouts and supporting resources will be provided at the end of each workshop.
Get in touch if you have any questions on 07398566035.
About the host
Nutritionist (BSc Human Nutrition, MSc Public Health Nutrition) registered with the Association for Nutrition. My passion is good health, nutrition, well-being and helping people attain it. Here to support you improve your health & nutrition through empowerment, motivation & knowledge delivered through effective techniques, support & no judgement.
In my teen years I suffered from Anorexia and was put into a treatment programme. With the...
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
I found a nutritionist on this site after reading an article about sports nutrition. I've...