Dance nutrition: learn what healthy eating means for you
Are you a dancer? Are you unsure of what healthy eating means for you?
About this event
Francesca ANutr our registered associate nutritionist was herself a dancer and understands firsthand all the confusion around healthy eating and what that means for dancers. Francesca researched her dissertation topic on the importance of hydration in dancers.
In this talk, Francesca will share her knowledge and expertise and will provide you with the tools and knowledge to incorporate balanced and healthy eating principles into your dance regime.
- The importance of healthy eating.
- What balanced eating means for dancers.
- The importance of hydration and performance.
- The top five diet myths and why they are harming your performance.
- How to ensure you get everything you need in your diet.
- The pressure of looking a certain size, and how you can seek support if you need it.
In this online talk we run through the expert scientific advice around balanced eating, we explain what that looks like for dancers and we help demystify the common diet myths that can hinder your performance.
Hosted by Francesca Straniero
Francesca Straniero is a Registered Associate Nutritionist within the AfN, which hold the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN), and she is specialised in Sports Nutrition. As a former dancer and performing artist, Francesca uses her passion for dance and nutrition to provide information backed up by scientific evidence.