Children's nutrition workshop
Developing good eating habits early can have a positive impact on your child for the rest of their life. This workshop will show clearly how to provide your children with the best possible nutrition to help them to grow up healthy and happy.
The workshop is ideal for any parent wishing to ensure they support their family with a healthy diet. Perhaps you’re confused about what your child actually should and shouldn’t be eating; or which nutrients they need and how to get them to eat them? Maybe you need advice on supporting your child’s learning, development and brain power, their immune strength or balancing behaviour and mood.
This is not a cooking workshop, but you will taste test many of the foods and products. You will be provided with handouts and recipes.
- Tips for fussy eaters.
- Dairy and wheat alternatives and tasty breakfast suggestions.
- Ideas and suggestions for healthier snacking to reduce sugar and salt consumption.
- Understanding the impact of certain foods on behaviour.
- Understanding the roles of protein and fats in growth and development.
- Ideas and suggestions for healthier lunches, including packed lunches.
- Foods and eating patterns to support restful and good quality sleep.
- Live demonstrations of healthy recipes.
About Tamara Jones
Tamara is an experienced nutritional therapist with a special interest in women and children's health.
Tamara is a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), with a BSc (Hons) in nutritional therapy.