Brain health - introductory talk
This talk will reveal the most important factors which affect brain function and mood. The session will explore a range of important topics including diet, physical activity, stress and sleep. Discussing relevant research in each area and we will translate the theory into practical steps that each one of us can take to optimise our cognitive function and mood, as well as reduce our risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease as we age.
Key insights from this talk include;
- the main factors that affect brain health and cognitive function
- key nutritional strategies for maintaining energy in the brain and preventing dementia
- the link between the gut and the brain, and how to optimise this
- the critical role of sleep in brain function, and simple steps to optimise sleep
- how to use gentle physical activity to boost mood and mental function
The talk will introduce you to The Brain Health Programme, which is a six-week nutrition and lifestyle coaching programme to optimise brain health.
Hosted by Rosie Pearce
Rosie Pearce has a personal interest in Brain Health after caring for her mother who had Alzheimer’s. This has led her to have a particular interest in supporting the health of the brain and to facilitate group Programmes, where she believes support from other people can help to make lasting changes.