Baby nutrition and weaning
Date & Time:30th October 2017, 10am - 11.30am
Cost:Price £23 (£19.50 early bird booking before 20th October)
Location:42 Upper Gardner Street
Brighton and Hove
- Find an event in your area
This workshop is perfect for first-time parents or those who are starting their little ones on food again after a long break between children. The advantage of this workshop is that you’ll be supported by an experienced dietitian who has the latest knowledge and access to evidence based information and ‘real life scenarios’ with tips and tools tailored to you. By taking action now, you will be able to prevent feeding /nutritional problems developing in the future.
What you'll learn
- How to ensure your baby is getting a balanced diet (including vegetarian and vegan babies)
- The different techniques of weaning, including self-feeding
- What foods to introduce first, textures, caution foods and foods to avoid
- How to prevent choking
- The right supplements
- What milks are right for baby and getting them to drink enough water
- Portion sizes and culinary equipment throughout the different stages
- Meal and snack ideas
- How to read food labels
- How to make a quick, affordable, nutritious snack (tasters provided in session)
What you will walk away with
- A wider understanding of nutrition at this crucial stage for your baby
- Tips and tools to confidently introduce solids
- Introduction to new friends, faced with similar challenges
- Workshop handouts
- A ‘super snack’ for baby and you
- Access to credible online resources
About the host
I’m a dietitian and mum. I found the weaning stage challenging. What was the truth behind all the baby milk and food claims? How could I make sure my baby was taking in less than 1g salt /day? What’s best - spoon or self-feeding? I've put all my experience and research in to my own bespoke workshops that cover everything a parent needs to know!
I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 31 years (I will soon be 63). The symptoms vary, but...
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
I've always taken supplements and eaten what I thought was a healthy diet, but I was...