8 week - weight escape group program
Date & Time:17th January - 7th March 2017, 7.30pm - 9.30pm
- Find an event in your area
Who is this for?
- You think all you need is a positive attitude before you can start to loose weight.
- You've been trying to lose weight for years, you have tried every diet and you are still unhappy with your health and the way you feel.
- You think you need to be tough on yourself to stay committed to your goals.
- You think the key to success is to forbid yourself certain foods and avoid the things you love.
- You think ‘if only I had more discipline’ this time will be a success.
- You believe that loosing weight is the only way to be happy and fulfilled.
- You know you should speak kindly to yourself, but find it difficult.
What makes us become so narrow in our focus that we lose sight of everything except our diet and weight? What happened to the rest of our life? Why do we keep returning to fad diets and crazy exercise schemes when we know they don’t work?
The answer? We’re human. We all get stuck at times. We all become inflexible, lose touch with what we care about and act in self-defeating ways that ultimately increase our suffering and pain and stops us from being the person we really want to be.
In this course I’ll show you how and why we get stuck in ‘the weight trap’ - that destructive cycle of dieting and weight-gain. I’ll show you how to escape the trap, get unstuck and lead a more full and meaningful life.
How can ACT help me manage emotional eating, end weight-loss struggle and live a fulfilled life?
- Develop self-compassion.
- Learn how to handle cravings, urges, difficult thoughts and feelings.
- Identify what you want most of in life and set meaningful goals.
- Take control of your actions so you can live like the person you want to be.
- Learn how to motivate yourself in the face of challenges.
- Learn how to use values and strengths to give your life direction, and make it richer and more rewarding.
- Start eating mindfully and intuitively (and thereby get far more satisfaction from your food).
- Overcome common psychological barriers to healthy eating.
- Live fully in the present moment.
What else is included?
- Learn about health and nutrition and how to eat according to Low GL principles (low glycaemic load).
- Learn about the seven pillar health matrix and how no aspect of your mental, physical and emotional well-being can be approached in isolation.
- Understand how your digestion, diet, environment, sleep, relationships, stress, thoughts and feelings all affect your health.
- Guidance on recipes, menu planning and food shopping.
- Detailed bio-impedance measurements of weight, body fat, hydration, metabolic age etc at the beginning and end of the eight weeks only.
- One whole session will be an introduction to yoga and mindfulness by a wonderful woman who is also a lifelong yogi, instructor and dear friend.
- This is an interactive program, you will get homework every week.
You can’t approach weight loss without approaching your whole life.
About the host
Suné is a nutritional therapist, metabolic balance and health coach, specialising in weight-loss, behaviour change and emotional eating. Also trained in the 'Thinking Partnership' a powerful process for liberating the human mind and produces breakthrough, independent thinking.
I found a nutritionist on this site after reading an article about sports nutrition. I've...
I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 31 years (I will soon be 63). The symptoms vary, but...
The help and advice from my Nutritionist, with my aim of losing weight through the 5:2 system,...