5-ingredient dinner: Garlic and courgette chicken
The winter months can sometimes knock our motivation, both for good food and well, leaving the house. When it’s cold and raining, many of us simply want to cosy up on the sofa and eat whatever we can find – so long as it doesn’t take too long.
Though sometimes, what we need is a nutritious, satisfying meal. Getting back into our usual routine, despite the weather, is an important part of maintaining health and wellness. So, we’re back with another one of our favourite Hello Fresh recipes.
This is a super quick, simple recipe with only five ingredients, perfect to feed the family (or even whip up a big batch and take it to work for lunch!).
Garlic and courgette chicken with roast new potatoes
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 5 tbsp Boursin cheese
- 2 bags new potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 bags salad leaves
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the ends of the courgette and grate. Gently squeeze between kitchen paper to remove some of the excess water.
- Mix the courgette with ½ tbsp oil, the Boursin cheese and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Quarter the potatoes, tossing in 1 tbsp oil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Between two sheets of clingfilm, place the chicken breasts and hit with a rolling pin until chicken is 1cm thick.
- On top of the chicken, add the courgette mix. Put in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Once cooked through, put them under a hot grill until the top is golden brown.
- While this cooks, toss the salad with some oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and crispy potatoes with a handful of salad and enjoy!
Tip: For extra spice, add some fresh chillies to the salad or into the courgette mix before cooking. If you’re prepping meals for later in the week, make the salad dressing separately to avoid soggy leaves!
Find the right nutritionist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.