Small changes to promote weight-loss
- Eat breakfast! Research has found you will consume 100 less calories per day.
- Grill up, not fry up.
- Check sugar content on cereals – aim for no more than 10g sugar per 100g.
- Skip the sugar and use cinnamon.
- Eat an orange instead of drinking a glass of OJ.
- Opt for nut milks or skimmed instead of whole milk.
- Choose the “open sandwich” and use one less slice of bread.
- Skip the bread completely and wrap in lettuce.
- Use two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon olive oil instead of creamy salad dressings.
- Eat off a smaller plate.
- Fill half your plate with veg and a quarter with meat.
- Choose thin crust over thick crust pizza, but skip the crusts!
- Munch on frozen grapes instead of an ice-lolly.
- Dip crunchy vegetables instead of crisps.
- If you like chocolate, choose at least 70% cocoa.
- Drink out of a champagne flute instead of a big glass.
- Choose a starter and a main course instead of a dessert.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with water.
Find a nutritionist dealing with weight-loss
All therapists are verified professionals.