Small changes to promote weight-loss
We look at the tiny changes you can make to your daily food choices to help you notice a big difference, without getting bored or disappointed.
It is difficult to maintain a plan if you are depriving yourself of the foods you love. Often, cutting out all of your favourite treats will result in you eating everything and anything, in order to kick that craving.
Instead of punishing yourself, making simple swaps to your daily diet decisions can help you stay motivated and see results without feeling restricted.
Below are some of our favourite tips to cut back on calories without feeling hungry:
- Eat breakfast! Research has found you will consume 100 less calories per day.
- Grill up, not fry up.
- Check sugar content on cereals – aim for no more than 10g sugar per 100g.
- Skip the sugar and use cinnamon.
- Eat an orange instead of drinking a glass of OJ.
- Opt for nut milks or skimmed instead of whole milk.
- Choose the “open sandwich” and use one less slice of bread.
- Skip the bread completely and wrap in lettuce.
- Use two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon olive oil instead of creamy salad dressings.
- Eat off a smaller plate.
- Fill half your plate with veg and a quarter with meat.
- Choose thin crust over thick crust pizza, but skip the crusts!
- Munch on frozen grapes instead of an ice-lolly.
- Dip crunchy vegetables instead of crisps.
- If you like chocolate, choose at least 70% cocoa.
- Drink out of a champagne flute instead of a big glass.
- Choose a starter and a main course instead of a dessert.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with water.
Search for a nutritionist that can help with Weight-loss
or try our advanced search