What to do with pumpkin – quick and easy pumpkin spice hummus
- Preheat the oven to 165C.
- Cut your pumpkin down the middle, remove the seeds and pulp and cover each half with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, foil side up, or until tender.
- Scrape out the pumpkin meat and puree in a blender.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind and tahini or peanut butter into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and spices, and then with the motor running, gradually add in the olive oil until blended and smooth.
- Taste and add more lemon juice, pumpkin or olive oil to taste.
- Pop into a pretty bowl and top with a dusting of cayenne pepper. Serve with chopped carrots and cucumber or warmed and sliced pitta bread.
Find the right nutritionist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.