Following the governement’s recent release of their heavily criticised Childhood Obesity Plan, we were keen to find out more about the nation’s lunchboxes.
To do this we surveyed over 1,000 parents and discovered some shocking statistics:
– 76% feel schools do not provide enough nutrition information.
– 43% cite ‘fussy eating’ as their biggest challenge.
– The most popular bread option included in lunchboxes is ‘white’ (least popular, ‘seeded’).
– 57% of parents do not know the RI’s (Reference Intakes) for their child.
– 41% of parents do not include vegetables in their child’s lunchbox.
On a mission to promote health and happiness at an early age, we have created Loveable Lunchboxes – an initiative to inspire and support parents through the often confusing would of child nutrition. Collaborating with our dedicated members (all of whom are...