Victoria Francis BSc Hons, RD
I am a registered dietitian who is keen to promote evidence based nutrition and show how 1) healthy eating can be tasty and 2) how it can be achieved in our fast-paced lifestyles! My philosophy to food and healthy eating has always been finding the right balance and I believe all foods have their place in a healthy balanced diet.
With nutrition making the headlines every day it can feel overwhelming and confusing to know which diet to follow or who to believe. I will work with you, personalising advice to suit your diet and lifestyle needs.
I currently split my time between my private clinics, held in Stamford, Lincolnshire; NHS consultancy work in London and looking after my young family.
My keen interests and areas of expertise include:
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Pre diabetes
- Weight management
- Women's health including PCOS, pregnancy and menopause
- Children's nutrition (including fussy eating)
- Meal planning
- Digestive problems including IBS.
If you have any questions please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
I obtained a Batchelors of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Surrey in 2001.
Dietitians are the only nutrition professionals bound by ethical and legal regulation through the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
I am a full member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA), Freelance Dietitians Group and registered with the HCPC.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial consultation (1 hour) - £80
This assessment will include:
- a discussion about your past health history
- Current nutrition/symptom concerns
- Current diet, medication (if relevant) and lifestyle
- Working together to will draw up realistic and relevant changes
- Relevant written resources and meal plans (if appropriate) will be provided
Follow up consultation (approx 30-45minutes) - £55
“Victoria has helped me really assess my weight issues. She helped me set realistic goals and together we have changed my eating habits. I feel confident i will never fail at a fad diet again! I feel liberated now i have the knowledge to support me in a healthy and sustainable way of life. Victoria is always available if I need advice or support and the one to one sessions have given me a focus. Thank you Victoria”— Catherine, London
“I met with Victoria when i was a mother of three pre-schoolers, all of whom had an insatiable appetite! I was confused over what and when to feed them, projecting some of my own anxieties around eating on them. Victoria was non-judgemental and spoke openly about food anxieties and how not to pass them onto kids. Victoria showed me how snacks can be part of a healthy diet and which ones to use that were convenient, portable and practical. Victoria totally got that parents get stressed/tired and don’t have the time to make protein balls or vegan brownies. Her suggestions are practical, simple and most importantly my kids eat time! I found her advice really helpful in a subject that can feel a minefield at times.”— Zoe, Stamford
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments