The Skin Cafe. Nicky Shearsby DipN, DipLC, Dip(Psych), DipC, MGHT
The Skin Cafe
24 Blueberry Way
01283 210 149
Nutritional Therapy and skin health go hand in hand. I truly believe that skin health is the body's way of visibly showing a problem within, and the worse the skin problem, the worse the health of the body is likely to be - especially the health of the gut and the problems it can cause.
Why did I become a Therapist?
I suffered with terrible skin during my teens and into my 20's and 30's and NOTHING seemed to work. I used topical creams that burned my skin and left scars and developed an under active thyroid that started causing my weight to increase. It wasn't until I started looking at my diet that I realised that it was what I was putting inside my body that was creating the problems and that if I didn't change something fast, my health would continue to suffer. The poor state of my skin was a warning sign that I could no longer ignore.
In addition, my husband suffered a serious head injury during his 20's that should have killed him but against all odds, he defied doctors beliefs and rebuilt his life with the help of good nutrition and a positive mindset. It is his determination to get well that led me to study nutrition, well-being and the link between good health and the power of the mind. I changed my career and studied skin health, life coaching, nutritional therapy and counselling so that I could help others make big changes in their own lives.
I focus my practice on the body as a whole, which includes -
- Nutritional Therapy to show how simple changes makes a big impact on your health.
- Weight-loss and weight management. Being overweight is key to long term poor health, so controlling weight equals a healthier body too.
- Food allergy and food intolerance support.
- Skin Health Coaching and Skin Conditions including help and diet support for all kinds of skin complaints.
So many people are not aware of just how easy it is to make simple swaps in their diets that will help to make huge changes in every aspect of their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Nutritional Therapy Diploma
- Life Coaching Diploma
- Counseling Diploma
- Psychology Diploma
- Skin Health Coaching and Skincare Product Production
I have 10 years experience as a skin health coach with a successful natural, organic skincare manufacturing business as part of my knowledge base. As a health blogger and writer, I believe that good Nutritional values are key to good health, great skin and total peace of mind for the rest of your life.
I am a member of the FHT and The Guild of Holistic Therapies.
Member organisations *
Areas of nutrition we deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Initial 'Check' (email) Consultation - FREE
Face to Face 45 minute Consultation for Nutritional Therapy - £60
1 Month email coaching consultation package for Nutritional Therapy (16 email sessions) - £50
Follow up 30 minutes session - £30
“WOW I can honestly say that Nicky has changed me. She really got me thinking about what foods I was actually eating and logging everything throughout the day helped me get mentally prepared for the cravings that I had. (Being sugars and salts.) I feel healthy, happy and fantastic and the weight has stayed off.”
Debs Adams - Pelsall, Walsall
“Nicky changed my diet and switched me over to different types of foods that helped me feel amazing. But only slowly. No rushing so that I couldn't keep up with the changes being made. Every week I had clear instructions on what to buy for the week so I could follow a structured target. Brilliant!”
Jas Braich - Leamington Spa
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm