58 South Molton Street
07515 411 056
Tanya Borowski is a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist, registered with BANT and an active member of The institute of Functional Medicine.
Since qualifying, Tanya has spent hundreds of additional hours studying nutrition, functional and intergravtive medicine. Her passion is simple - to facilitate clients achieving the very best of health and wellbeing.
Through combining the sciences of both biochemistry & human nutrition with clinical insight the functional medicine model focuses on identifying and addressing nutritional, metabolic and system imbalances that can lead chronic health complaints and "dis-eae"(moving away from ease). As a result of adopting this approach, Tanya has developed particular specialist interests in the following areas:-
- Gastrointestinal health, non coeliac gluten sensitivity & intestinal permeability
- Impaired energy delivery/ Chronic Fatigue/ME / Adrenal/ Mitochondria
- Thyroid complaints ( hyper/hypo/autoimmune)
- Immune dysregulation & autoimmunity
- Inflammatory cascade
- Weight management & metabolism
Training, qualifications & experience
Fully Qualified Nutritional Therapist - Dip CNM (College Naturopathic Medicine)
Full member BANT
- Dr Natasha Cambell Mc Bride’s practitioner GAPS© graduate training
- AFMCP –Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice™. The Institute for Functional Medicine teaches health care professionals how to apply their principles in practice through an intensive 5 day training course called Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice™. I attended and completed the inaugural AFMCP™-UK training in London in 2011.
- Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module - Immune Dysregulation and Chronic Inflammation:Chronic Infections, Atopy and Autoimmunity. 2.5 days Tampa 2013
- Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module - Gastrointestinal health (GI). 2.5 days London 2013
Functional medicine emphasises a definable and teachable process of integrating multiple knowledge bases within a pragmatic intellectual matrix that focuses on functionality at many levels, rather than a single treatment for a single diagnosis. Functional medicine uses the patient's story as a key tool for integrating diagnosis, signs and symptoms, and evidence of clinical imbalances into a comprehensive approach to improve both the patients environmental inputs and his or her physiological function.
- Gluten sensitivity,coeliac disease & non coeliac gluten sensitivity
- Gastrointestinal health and digestive challenges
- Thyroid health & Adrenal dysregulation
- Immune health and mucosal barrier homeostatis
- Body composition, insulin resistance and weight management needs
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
London, South Molton St:-
Initial consultation 1- 1½ hrs £150
Follow up consultation 45 - 60 minutes £80
*concessions available for over 65's and under 16 years
Initial consultation 1- 1½ hrs £110
Follow up consultation 45 - 60 minutes £60
My fees reflect the time spent researching your health concerns prior to your initial visit, up to 90 minutes face-face consultation time, analysing any tests provided, compiling a bespoke treatment plan that include targeted supplementation meal plans & recipes together with specified support via e-mail or telephone/skype during your programme. Some complex cases often require extra support, and I am happy to be in touch on a more regular basis. This will incur additional charges and can be discussed individually after the initial consultation.
The costs for biochemical functional tests – should you need any – will be agreed with you during the initial appointment. The follow - up fees include the interpretation of these tests and the recommendation of specific dietary and supplementary modifications necessary to correct any imbalances found.
**Concessionary rates available for children under 18 years and over 65s.
In addition to my work with Nutritional Values, I work as an on-site nutritionist with The Healthy Holiday Company at their in:spa retreats.
Please feel free to call me for a free initial 10-15 min chat about your health concern & to discuss my approach in more detail.
Yours in health,
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|