Susannah Alexander BSc (Hons), CNHC
Atkins Physiotherapy Consultants
154 High Road
I am a Nutritional Therapist, and my passion is to empower you with the tools to achieve your wellness goals. I can work with both your nutrition and your limiting beliefs, either together or separately, and I am one of the few people in the world who is qualified to do both these things.
I am always happy to have a free, no-obligation telephone conversation with you, so that you can find out more about what I offer, and how we will work together. I am delighted to support the nutritional wellbeing of my busy professional clients by providing the following services:
One-to-One Personalised Consultations
If you have a specific health goal you are working towards, this is the best way to work with me. At your first consultation we will discuss your goals, diet and health history in detail and give you some initial pointers toward achieving your goal. A fortnight later, we will look in greater detail at your goal, discussing the factors that may underpin your current situation, and putting dietary and lifestyle measures in place, supported by current literature, to support you in working towards enhanced well-being. Subsequent consultations will evaluate your progress towards your goal and put new measures in place to enable you to make progress and keep you inspired.
This is designed as a 'one stop shop' for individuals who consider themselves to be in general good health, but want a quick assessment of how healthy their diet is, and what else they could be doing to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
Your Nutrition MOT includes:
- A 3-day food diary and questionnaire for you to complete
- A full-colour detailed nutritional profile unique to you.
- 30-minute consultation.
- 5 point action plan to enable you to optimise your diet.
- Helpful tools and recipes.
I launched my online programme, Stronger Without Sugar, in 2016, and it has been a great success. It is a 60-day course designed for those in general good health, who may want to gain more energy, shed some unwanted pounds, or simply regain an enhanced sense of well-being. A powerful combination of dietary advice, behavioral techniques and online support allows you to become free of sugar and refined carbohydrates, and develop healthy habits for life. You can do the online course by itself, or you can use the course alongside Stronger Without Sugar Platinum, a two-month coaching programme where you get my personal attention and 1:1 support to enable you to get the most from the programme and achieve your goals.
Your 'Stronger Without Sugar' membership includes:
- All the course materials, including workbooks containing daily inspirations, recipes and so much more.
- Tools to measure your progress.
- Our private Facebook group, where you can meet other challengers for mutual support.
- Weekly motivational emails.
- More special surprises along the way.
- And not a green smoothie in sight!
Your Platinum membership includes all this plus:
- Three 90-minute 1:1 sessions which can be used for nutritional therapy or hypnotherapy.
- A 15-minute coaching call every week.
- Your own personal food diary analysis and action plan.
- VIP Day (additional charge).
New online courses will be available in 2017.
Walking and Cooking Residential Breaks - watch out for further details of these in 2017.
Training, qualifications & experience
BA(Hons) Nutritional Therapy (University of Westminster), graduating with First Class Honours in 2013.
In order to maintain membership of my professional bodies, I attend professional development courses and seminars on a regular basis. Topics have included:
- Nutrition and mental health
- Nutrition and the thyroid
- Nutrition and digestive disorders
- Functional blood analysis
- Genetic testing and nutritional support for energy balance
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Obesity *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£100.00 per hour
All-Star Assessment (Initial consultation + MOT and action plan + analysis of pre-existing blood results) £250.00
Stronger Without Sugar
Online course only: £250.00
Stronger Without Sugar Platinum: £1997.00
I am often able to work flexible hours to suit you, so please feel free to discuss your needs with me. If you would like to discuss your individual needs in more detail, please feel free to contact me.
As well as being a Nutritional Therapist, I am a qualified Hypnotherapist. I trained with the internationally successful therapist, author and presenter Marisa Peer in 2015. Marisa's method is known as 'Rapid Transformational Therapy', which means that results are achieved quickly; most clients do not need more than 2-3 sessions.
I can also use hypnotherapy to support your dietary goals (for example to support you in breaking unwanted eating habits), or in ways that are not diet-related, but support other aspects of well-being, such as improved sleep quality, or giving up smoking. Hypnotherapy is always used in a separate consultation to Nutritional Therapy, even if the two therapies are being used for the same goal.
Initial consultation £200
Follow-up consultations £100
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||No|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday.
Evenings and Sunday afternoons available on request.