Sian Evans, Registered Dietitian
Meddygfa Canna Surgery
27 Wyndham Crescent
86 Severn Road
02920 250509 / 07737986237
A serious family illness, turned what had been an interest in food and lifestyle and the impact on health, into to a career move. At that point, 15 years ago, I retrained and became a Dietitian which allowed me to focus on nutrition that is so essential for our health and well being.
As a registered Dietitian I have been working with the NHS for the past 15 years working in children's food allergies and gastroenterology. I specialise and am experienced in allergies and food intolerances for children and adults. I am a member of the British Dietetic special interest group in food allergies and teach on their courses.
I'm experienced in helping with all aspects of diet and nutrition at any age however I am particularly interested in digestive health and aim to provide a holistic approach. I am also trained in FODMAP diets, a well established approach to IBS which is showing a significant success rate with patients and should NOT be a life long diet therefore dietetic input is recommended. I aim to provide as much information in our initial consultations to allow you to follow a plan and provide email support throughout the elimination period.
If you have any concerns about your diet in any of the above areas, or wish to discuss how to optimise it for health and wellbeing in general, please feel free to contact me for a confidential non committal discussion.
Skype sessions are also available
Training, qualifications & experience
Dietitians are nutritionists who are government registered and regulated. They are respected health professionals trained to advise on all aspects of food, diet and eating behaviours that relate to health, well-being and performance.
My advice is evidence based, impartial, practical and easy to follow, achievable, and tailored to each individual's needs, goals and current situation.
Consultations will include:
- a full assessment and diagnosis of the nutritional/dietary links in relation to your symptoms and medical conditions.
- Advise to ensure the nutritional adequacy of your diet
- Reports to your GP or medical Consultant and requests for additional investigations or prescriptions (if appropriate)
- Access via phone or email to support you with your diet (included)
I have the following nutrition qualifications:
BSc in Applied Human Nutrition and Dietetics (Cardiff, 2004)
MSc Module in Practical Dietetic Management of Allergies (Southampton University, 2007)
Specialist training in FODMAP diets (Kings College & St Thomas Hospital, 2011/12)
Sports Nutrition (Coventry, PGDip) June 2013
Please also feel free to email me if you have any questions and I'm happy to let you know if I can help.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
For private consultations I set my rates in line with guidance from the British Dietetic Association.
The initial consultation is £75 and this will include email support. Follow ups (£45 to £60 depending on needs and requirements).
House visits are possible within Cardiff area. Please contact me to discuss this further
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Clinics available on Monday (during day) and Thursday evenings