Sheri Taylor, B.Sc. (Nutr), Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist
0121 384 7087 / 07787603863
I am unlike any dietitian you have ever met. I know that there is a wealth of free information available off of the internet….so why would anyone pay to see a dietitian?
My passion is giving highly personalized advice and getting to the root of whatever diet-related or medical issue you may be struggling with. I perform a 360 degree, holistic assessment which allows me to spot anything which may be contributing to your problem. For example, if you want to lose weight, we won’t just talk about your food intake and physical activity level. We will also discuss your stress levels, how you are sleeping and how motivated you feel. If you want to gain weight, I will also ask you about nausea, medication, taste changes, swallowing problems, anxiety and depression (in addition to talking about food and physical activity). Initial assessments take approximately 80 minutes where I collect information about your medical history, medication and many of the issues mentioned above. From that, I can almost always determine what the underlying problem is (it may or may not have anything to do with what you are eating) and I can either provide advice on the spot, ask your GP to run additional tests and/or refer you to other professionals and resources that can help.
As a dietitian, I generally spend more time with my clients than any other health professional. I believe that helpful advice comes from listening to people really well and understanding what they are going through. As much as possible, I try out all of my advice before I pass it along to my clients. I have even been known to eat pureed food just so I could get first-hand experience of what my clients were going through. Because of this, I can usually help people who haven’t been successful with other diet and nutrition programs.
Get in touch if you want to:
- lose weight and develop a healthy relationship with food. My approach is perfect for people who dislike slimming clubs and/or yo-yo dieters, emotional eaters, people who are on medication which causes weight gain, and people after bariatric surgery.
- gain weight and improve your nutritional health. Skip the horrible tasting nutrition supplements and let's get you eating food that you love!
- resolve chronic constipation, diarrhoea or IBS symptoms. Let's get that sorted so that you can socialise without worrying and have the life of your dreams.
- help a loved one who is refusing or struggling to eat. My gentle and compassionate approach and my ability to “think outside the box” also makes me very well-suited to assist people with special needs such as those with acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and dementia (even if they have swallowing problems).
If you aren’t sure whether seeing a dietitian is right for you, please get in touch for a free, 10 minute, no-obligation discussion about your specific needs and whether or not I can help. I am committed to assisting you in any way that I can, even if it means referring you on to someone else.
Appointments can be arranged at your convenience and include evening and weekend appointments and/or home visits.
Training, qualifications & experience
Bachelor of Science In Nutrition
Registered Dietitian in the United Kingdom, Canada and the USA
20+ years of experience
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial assessments (80 minutes) - £100
Follow up - 45 minute appointment - £60
Follow up - 30 minute appointment - £45
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available.