Sharon Strahan, BSc (Diet hons), BSc (Nutr Med), reg BANT, CNHC, NgC
I have a BSc (hons) in Dietetics from the USA and a BSc in Nutritional Medicine from the UK.
I initially studied Dietetics but did not pursue a career in it, because it seemed to me to be too much of a "one size fits all" approach. I kept thinking - "there must be more to nutrition than this". After a number of years and a decline in my own health, I rediscovered nutrition and it has really helped me with my own health.
I was also concerned about the health issues that run in my family and have put a lot of effort into trying to prevent these myself. I am excited by the application of nutrition with genetic testing because I feel it gives greater scope in this area.
I completed the Genesnippers “Nutrigenomics in Functional Medicine” Programme and am currently working my way through the Nutrigenomics course with Metabolic Healing.
Graduate of Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) AFMCP course in 2017
Member of IFM (Institute of Functional Medicine)
Training, qualifications & experience
Fully Qualified, Registered Nutritional Therapist
BSc Nutritional Medicine
BSc (hons) Dietetics
member of BANT
registered with CNHC
NgC (BANT) - Nutrigenomic Counsellor
Graduate of IFM AFMCP-UK course in 2017
Member of IFM (Institute of Functional Medicine):
Registered with MTHFR-Genetics UK:
Completed GeneSnippers "Nutrigenomics in Functional Medicine" programme and BANT certification requirements to become a registered Nutrigenomic Counsellor (NgC-BANT)
Currently working on course from Metabolic Healing nutrigenomics course
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My price plans and explanations are fully detailed here:
The cost of the initial consultation, stated tests, and follow up appointments are included in each package as detailed in my website*
I offer four packages:
- standard nutritional therapy (£275)
- bronze plan - 23andMe DNA test and analysis (£299)
- silver plan - organic acids test with nutritional therapy (£495)
- gold plan - both DNA and organic acids test to come up with a truly individual nutritional programme for you. (£695)
*if further tests are required these would be an additional cost; however I try as much as possible to have testing done through your GP
My special interests are prevention (i.e. try to prevent serious health problems from occurring or progressing) and mental health / mood.
I also have a special interest in nutrigenomics - that is the application of nutritional therapy with DNA testing (such as from 23andMe) to come up with a very specific personalised programme.
I have worked hard to study to become a registered Nutrigenomic Counsellor (NgC) through my professional body (BANT).
Also registered with MTHFR-Genetics UK:
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available most evenings and some weekends. Because some clients are not in the UK I am flexible on my schedule to allow for time differences if necessary.