Severine Menem, DipNT mBANT rCNHC
Severine Menem Nutrition
14 Gray's Inn Road
I am a qualified Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach with a functional medicine approach: I focus on identifying the underlying causes of an issue rather than concentrating on the symptoms alone.
I became a nutritionist after realising how changing certain dietary habits helped me overcome a series of health issues that traditional medicine had failed to address. Nutrition improves the symptoms of many chronic conditions.
I cover all areas of nutrition, and have experience seeing clients with a wide range of health conditions and goals, including:
- Energy - restore and improve energy levels
- Gastrointestinal Health - restore and improve digestion
- Weight Loss - revamp your body and your life with a healthier diet and lifestyle habits
What to expect during a consultation
- During the initial consultation (60-minutes) we will discuss your previous medical history, and have an in-depth conversation about current health, diet and lifestyle. I will be working like a detective, trying to unearth the root causes of your ill-health, rather than just discussing your symptoms. We will also review your health goals, current circumstances and discuss the need for functional tests (whether NHS tests or private tests) and/or the use of nutritional supplements to achieve quicker results. At the end of the session, I will give you some guidelines, and within 48 hours you will receive your detailed tailor-made nutrition and lifestyle plan to follow until your follow-up. Depending on your goals, you may also receive handouts and recipes.
- During the follow-up we will review your progress, the successes and challenges you encountered, what you liked and disliked about the plan, and how I can best help you at this point. Similarly to the initial consultation, you will receive the updated nutrition and lifestyle plan within 48 hours of the session.
Free Health Review call
During this telephone conversation we will discuss your health concerns/goals and how I could help you. This would give you a better understanding of what to expect from a consultation and working together to reach your health goals. I would also give you a few suggestions to get you started and get results within a week. To book your free call, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the best time to have a chat, and I will reply to you within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition (CNM)
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer (level 3)
- Member of BANT (British Association of Nutritional Therapists)
- Registered with CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council)
I also attend specialised webinars, seminars, conferences and short courses on a regular basis.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Obesity *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My programmes are tailored to provide all the support you need to achieve your health goals.
Below are some of the options available:
- Monthly, forthrightly, weekly or daily follow-up sessions
- Follow-up sessions in person, telephone or video chat (Skype or Face Time)
- Therapeutic diet and lifestyle plan, updated after each session
- Full body composition analysis (weight, waist-to-hip ratio, BMI, body fat %, muscle mass, metabolic age)
- Functional tests, interpretation and supplement(s) suggestions
- Weekly seasonal menu with recipes and shopping list
- Weekly food diary review
- Fridge and pantry detox
- Guided supermarket tour
- Cookery demonstrations
- Health coaching
- Email support
- New Year’s Resolutions: Where to start?
- The Christmas survival guide: 10 tips to sail through December without indigestion or weight gain
"I struggled with my weight for years, and had gone through a miscarriage earlier in the year. I was also starting to have gastrointestinal issues and could just not seem to correct it. I felt quite hopeless with the prospect of getting healthy and back into shape before trying for another baby, and did not want to use any of the conventional recommendations suggested by my doctor, so I decided to meet Severine and opt for a more natural approach.
Meeting Severine was amazing and she was able to clearly direct me in the simple changes I needed to make to my diet and lifestyle. She was very understanding and motivating, and the consultation was exactly what I had hoped it would be. I was very surprised at how quickly the weight started to drop off and my digestion improved. At my 6 week follow up I already felt like a different person and in such a better place. Severine was able to revise my plan further and things are still going strong and improving each day. I'm now looking forward to trying for another baby and am hopeful we'll be successful his time around! Thank you Severine!" Philippa A
"Severine is a very open and honest person who listens to your story and what it is you are looking for. She was able to perfectly analyse what exactly I could benefit from keeping my personal goals in mind. I feel like this experience was more than just advice on what to eat but also opened up a new 'world' of food to me. I absolutely loved the experienced and would recommend her to anyone." Susanne Klitsie
"Severine is a competent nutritionist, who gave me a lot of great advice for loosing the last pounds of baby weight after having my little son. She provided me with a lot of interesting information about nutrition and checked very thoroughly my health history before starting the programme. She also provided me with tasty recipes that are easy to prepare. I started by making small changes to my diet step by step following Severine's advice and feel much better and more energised. A huge thank you to Severine - highly recommendable!" Annika Czybulka
"I ask Severine for help because I wanted to lose 10 kg, and despite going to the gym 5 times a week for 3 months, I still hadn’t lost any weight. She nicely explained to me that weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise, so even if I was doing everything right at the gym, if my food diary didn’t improve I would still be at the same point in a year’s time.
So I started making simple changes, and the weight started to come off. After a while I started going to the gym only 3 times a week, and the weight was still coming off as long as I sticked to a few simple rules. I really enjoyed her programme because I was able to eat tasty food and have the occasional night out. She totally understood me and got me where I wanted. Totally recommend her!" Marc M
"I followed a 4-weeks programme with Severine. My goals were to avoid food cravings, lose some weight and also improve my overall mood. Severine made it clear that these 3 goals were all linked together. She explained the cause of my failure to reach these goals and what I could do to reach by improving a few things in my diet and lifestyle. After the 1st week, I was already starting to see some improvements in my body. My cravings were gone and I didn't find it too difficult to give up some of my favorite guilty snacks. Severine was very motivating and enthusiastic throughout the programme. She also provided some ideas and recipes that helped me eating a wider range of foods. She also provided good explanations on body functioning and why the programme is effective. I would definitely recommend Severine to anyone who wants to improve their lifestyle, no matter how big or difficult the challenge seems." Esther Baruk
"Severine is a highly professional nutritionist with extensive and up-to-date knowledge. She is highly personable and makes sessions not only interesting and relevant, but also fun and energising. I highly recommend her services to people who want to get serious with their health and nutrition." David Varga
"My time spent with Severine was totally worthwhile - I wish I had done it sooner. She took the time to understand my situation and motivations and was given easy work arounds that left me feeling great. And then just as bad habits crept back in a coaching call with Severine would put me right back on track. We all sort of know what to do but working with Severine made this fit into my busy work life and kept me motivated week on week." Annemieke van der Valk
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Appointments Monday-Friday (8am-8pm) and Saturday (8am-12pm)