Sandra James ND, NT Dip CNM, MBANT, MCHNC
Hi, I'm Sandra and I am a Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist and take a Functional Medicine approach to health. I specialise in gut health, fertility and thyroid conditions, so please get in touch to find out more. I offer a free initial chat.
Why Nutritional Therapy & Functional Medicine?
- Have less energy that you used to?
- Experience a lot of gut issues?
- Have poor skin, allergies or wish you could sleep better?
- Have hormones that are out of whack or want to work on your fertility?
- Want to get to the root cause of your issues?
Our health can be transformed by what we eat, breathe, feel and think. The food we eat and our lifestyles have a huge impact on our health and wellbeing – and fortunately, it is an area of our life that we can have a lot of positive control over.
My emphasis is not placed upon strict, faddy diets, nor the use of lots of supplements, but I work with you to get to the bottom of your issues, by being thorough and supporting you with any changes that we need to make. We are looking to help the body to function optimally and obtain the nutrients it needs to work properly in the world.
I am an experienced, BANT registered, Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist and I am continually undertaking more training and keeping up to date with the latest research.
During a one-to one consultation we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in meeting your goals. Every single person is an individual with unique requirements, so you will get a personalised plan rather than follow a ‘one size fits all’ approach. If it is required, I use a wide range of functional testing from nutritional profiles , stool testing and hormone/fertility profiles to full health assessments.
Please get in touch if you’d like to have a chat - I offer a free 15 minute initial consultation so you can find out if I am right for you
TESTIMONIALS (via google reviews)
"Visiting Sandra was a leap into the unknown which I am very glad I did. Sandra is incredibly knowledgeable and pragmatic in her approach and has helped me lose a considerable amount of weight, improve my general health and wellbeing, improve my energy levels and also provided me with an understanding of what does and doesn't work for me and my body! I am very glad that I booked that initial consultation and couldn't recommend Sandra enough!" Phil
"Working with Sandra has been great! She has helped immensely with my gut complaints and I have achieved almost all my therapy goals. This despite years of trying everything under the Sun (and Moon) and many practitioners. She is attentive, direct, cost effective and empathetic. I would highly recommend her services" Tom -Brighton
"It's so refreshing to be given such good, sensible and practical advice which has been of real benefit to my health and wellbeing. I was worried I might be told what 'not to do, not to eat', etc, but Sandra takes an entirely different approach based on a holistic view of one's individual life and needs - I highly recommend her." Daryl.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CNM Diploma Nutritional Therapy, CNM Diploma Naturopathy
- Fully insured member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT)
- Member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CHNC)
- Functional medicine 1 year training with ADAPT
- Nutri-genomic (23 and me) testing
- Lecturer at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Free initial 15 min consultation
One-to-One Nutritional Therapy Consultation 60-70 minutes £75
Follow up consultations:
Standard (60 mins) £60
Express (30 mins) £40
Package offer - Initial consultation with 2 standard follow ups £175. (Mention Nutritionist Resource when booking)
The costs for biochemical functional tests – should you need any – will be agreed with you during the initial appointment.
A wide range of functional testing available and can result in a much faster resolution.
- Full blood testing
- Nutritional deficiency profiles
- Energy/fatigue screens
- A range of gut functional testing
- Fertility tests
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Tuesday-Friday, Brighton, Hove, London, Skype/Facetime.