Nicky Robinson, MSc NT, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
Tyne And Wear
Hi, I'm Nicky, a registered Nutritional Therapist and foodie with a passion for making healthy eating delicious, enjoyable and easy. Drawing on the latest nutritional science, and grounded in my experience of using nourishing foods to overcome my own health challenges, my aim is to inspire and motivate people to achieve better health, energy and vitality through eating and living well.
As well as helping clients to eat better for general health, weight management and wellbeing, I have particular interests in functional nutrition approaches to support gastrointestinal health, immune function including autoimmunity, and blood sugar control. My approach always starts with helping clients eat as diverse a range of healthy, delicious real foods as possible, but I also have extensive personal and clinical experience with implementing special and elimination diets where necessary, including low FODMAP, gluten and dairy free, paleo and autoimmune paleo.
My part-time nutritional therapy practice, Vitalise Nutrition, is based in South Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne. I offer personal consultations and packages as well as occasional group courses and workshops. My approach is friendly, practical and supportive and recognises that we all have busy lives and nutritional change needs to fit with this.
How I can help
- Personal nutrition plans to support specific health concerns
- Healthy eating and weight management packages
- Help with meal planning, recipes, food shopping and kitchen makeovers specialising in gluten free and other special diets
- Food intolerance and functional testing
- Map My Gut personal microbiome analysis and advice (see www.mapmygut.com) (currently unavailable from Map My Gut)
- Nutrition talks and workshops
How I work and what to expect
My aim is to make your nutritional therapy experience as relaxed, enjoyable and informative as possible. My approach is very much tailored to a client's specific needs and preferences, but as a guide:
- Many people find it helpful to have a brief chat before booking their appointment so I am happy to offer a free 15 minute telephone conversation to discuss how nutritional therapy might help you
- After booking a consultation I will send you a comprehensive health questionnaire and food diary to complete. I use this information to conduct a detailed analysis of your diet and research your particular situation in preparation for our meeting
- My personal nutrition plans are intended for those with a specific health concern or condition that might benefit from nutritional support. The initial plan includes 3 consultations (approximately 4 hours in total). The first appointment typically lastsfor 2 hours and is an opportunity to really get to understand your health situation and review how your diet and lifestyle might be contributing to your situation. We will then discuss recommendations that fit with your needs and lifestyle and after the consultation I will prepare a written report and recommendations and send these to you along with other helpful resources such as recipes and fact sheets etc. The first appointment is always face-to-face (as required by my professional body) and follow up consultations can either be in person or by Skype or phone.
- My healthy eating and weight management plans are for those who would like support to lose weight sustainably, or make significant dietary and lifestyle changes. I offer a range of packages with a minimum of 3 sessions, normally over 8-12 weeks. Each package includes tailored guidance and recommendations along with a toolkit of resources including recipes, meal plans and food lists. The first session is normally in person followed by regular phone or Skype check ins to support sustainable changes
- Map My Gut testing offers a fascinating insight into your personal microbiome, the trillions of bacteria that reside in your gut. Most of these microbes have a beneficial role in health, and research shows that a diverse and balanced microbiome is associated with good health and a lower risk of disease. The test was developed by Professor Tim Spector, Professor of genetic epidemiology at Kings in London and is only available through accredited practitioners.
Please see www.vitalisenutrition.com or more information
Training, qualifications & experience
Nicky Robinson MSc NT, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
- MSc Nutritional Therapy (distinction). My dissertation focused on a functional nutrition approach to coeliac disease and autoimmunity
- Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Map My Gut accredited practitioner (personalised microbiome testing and analysis)
- Registered with a range of other testing providers including Genova Diagnostics, Invivo Clinical, Bioblab and Lorisian/York Test
- Professional member of Coeliac UK
- BA (Hons) Law & Economics
- 20 years international experience as a senior manager in an ethical business
- Lifetime interest in health and nutrition
- Enjoy cooking, walking, travel, yoga, mindfulness, reading ...and food of course!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Typical fees are as follows (plan costs can be spread across 3 payments):
- My initial Personal Nutrition plans (for those with a specific health condition or concern), cost £195 for 3 sessions (approximately 4 hours). The plans include research, dietary analysis, written recommendations and other helpful resources. Additional consultations where required are £55 or £30 for shorter Skype or phone check-ins
- Healthy Eating and Weight Management plans start from £175 for a minimum of 3 sessions. Again all packages include written recommendations and a toolbox of helpful resources.
- The Map My Gut microbiome test costs £250 (payable directly to MMG) plus my fee for test facilitation, interpretation, review consultation and written recommendations, £95
Please see my website for more detailed information on my services and fees - click on the link above or go to www.vitalisenutrition.com.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I'm afraid I am not able to take on any new clients now until January, if you would like to discuss an appointment in 2018 please get in touch, thanks