Nicky Robinson, B.A.(Hons), PGDip NT, mBANT, CNHC (MSc NT ongoing)
Tyne And Wear
Hi, I'm Nicky, a registered Nutritional Therapist and foodie with a passion for making healthy eating delicious, enjoyable and easy. Drawing on the latest nutritional science, and grounded in my experience of using nourishing foods to overcome my own health challenges, my aim is to inspire and motivate people to achieve better health, energy and vitality through eating and living well.
My nutritional therapy practice, Vitalise Nutrition, is based in South Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne. I offer personal consultations & coaching, group courses and workshops, and workplace wellness packages. My approach recognises that we all have busy lives & nutritional change needs to fit with this.
How I can help
As well as friendly, practical advice and support I offer:
- Personal nutrition plans to support specific health concerns
- Professional dietary analysis
- Healthy eating coaching and cooking classes
- Diet MOTs
- Help with meal planning, recipes, food shopping and kitchen makeovers specialising in gluten free and restricted diets
- Food intolerance and functional testing
- Healthy weight management packages
- Supplement advice
- Nutrition talks and workshops
I welcome all clients whether they have a particular health condition that may benefit from nutritional support or just want to kick start a better way of eating. I have particular experience and interest in supporting optimal digestion, gluten-related disorders, autoimmunity and helping people live well on restricted diets, including gluten and dairy free, low FODMAP and paleo.
How I work and what to expect
My aim is to make your nutritional therapy experience as relaxed, enjoyable and informative as possible. My approach is very much tailored to a client's specific needs and preferences, but as a guide:
- Many people find it helpful to have a brief chat before booking their appointment so I am happy to offer a free 15 minute telephone conversation to discuss how nutritional therapy might help you
- After booking a consultation I will send you a comprehensive health questionnaire and food diary to complete. I will use this information to research your particular situation and prepare for our meeting
- Initial personal nutrition consultations typically last for 90 minutes (60 for healthy eating coaching) and are always face-to-face (as required by my professional body) in a relaxed, friendly environment. These are an opportunity for us to really get to understand your health situation and discuss plans that fit with your needs and lifestyle.
- After the consultation I will prepare and send your personal nutrition health plan along with other helpful resources
- Follow up consultations typically last for 45-60 minutes and these are normally in person but can be by phone or Skype if preferred
- I can offer short regular check-ins by Skype or phone to help keep clients motivated and on track with plans
Please see www.vitalisenutrition.com or more information or visit my Facebook page www.facebook/vitalisenutrition
Training, qualifications & experience
Nicky Robinson BA (Hons), PGDip NT, mBANT, CNHC
- MSc Nutritional Therapy onoing (dissertation focused on Coeliac Disease)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) Nutritional Therapy
- member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- member of Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Professional member of Coeliac UK
- BA (Hons) Law & Economics
- 20 years international experience as a senior manager in an ethical business
- Lifetime interest in health and nutrition
- Qualified clinical hypnotherapist and EFT practitioner (used in conjunction with Nutritional Therapy where appropriate)
- Enjoy cooking, walking, yoga, mindfulness, reading ...and food of course!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Osteoporosis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please see my website for more detailed information on my services and fees - click on the link above or go to www.vitalisenutrition.com.
Feel free to contact me at any time for more information or to ask about packages and payment plans
As well as running Vitalise Nutrition I work with Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner Fiona Swinburne in our joint venture 'The Health Foodies'. See www.facebook.com/thehealthfoodies for more information about our workshops
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer consultations on Wednesday - Thursday evenings, Friday afternoons and some Saturday mornings