Nicky Robinson, MSc, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
Tyne And Wear
Hi, I'm Nicky, a registered Nutritional Therapist and foodie with a passion for making healthy eating delicious, enjoyable and easy. Drawing on the latest nutritional science, and grounded in my experience of using nourishing foods to overcome my own health challenges, my aim is to inspire and motivate people to achieve better health, energy and vitality through eating and living well.
As well as helping clients to eat better for general health and wellbeing, I have particular interests in nutritional approaches to support gastrointestinal health, immune function and blood sugar control. My approach always starts with helping clients eat as diverse a range of healthy, delicious real foods as possible, but I also have extensive experience with implementing restricted diets where necessary, including low FODMAP, gluten and dairy free, paleo etc.
My part-time nutritional therapy practice, Vitalise Nutrition, is based in South Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne. I offer personal consultations and coaching as well as occasional group courses and workshops. My approach recognises that we all have busy lives and nutritional change needs to fit with this.
How I can help
As well as friendly, practical advice and support I offer:
- Personal nutrition plans to support specific health concerns (see my specialisms above)
- Dietary analysis
- Healthy eating coaching and cooking classes
- Help with meal planning, recipes, food shopping and kitchen makeovers specialising in gluten free and other restricted diets
- Food intolerance and functional testing
- Map My Gut personal microbiome analysis and advice (see www.mapmygut.com)
- Healthy weight management packages
- Supplement advice
- Nutrition talks and workshops
How I work and what to expect
My aim is to make your nutritional therapy experience as relaxed, enjoyable and informative as possible. My approach is very much tailored to a client's specific needs and preferences, but as a guide:
- Many people find it helpful to have a brief chat before booking their appointment so I am happy to offer a free 15 minute telephone conversation to discuss how nutritional therapy might help you
- After booking a consultation I will send you a comprehensive health questionnaire and food diary to complete. I use this information to conduct a detailed analysis of your diet and research your particular situation in preparation for our meeting
- My personal nutrition consultations are intended for those with a specific health concern or objective. The initial appointment typically last for 90-120 minutes and costs £75. This is an opportunity to really get to understand your health situation and review how your diet and lifestyle might be contributing to your situation. We will then discuss recommendations that fit with your needs and lifestyle. This first appointment is always face-to-face (as required by my professional body) in a relaxed, friendly environment
- For those who would like advice and support to eat better but do not have a particular health concern, I offer healthy eating coaching. The first session, typically 75-90 minutes and costs £65. Again this is normally in person but can be by Skype if preferred
- After the consultation I will prepare and send your personal nutrition health plan along with other helpful resources such as recipes, food lists etc.
- Follow up consultations, where required, typically last for 45-60 minutes and cost £55. I also offer shorter check-ins by Skype or phone to help keep clients motivated and on track with plans, these are typically 30 minutes long and cost £30
Please see www.vitalisenutrition.com or more information or visit my Facebook page www.facebook/vitalisenutrition
Training, qualifications & experience
Nicky Robinson MSc, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
- MSc Nutritional Therapy (dissertation on nutritional approaches for adult Coeliac Disease and autoimmunity)
- Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Map My Gut accredited practitioner (personalised microbiome testing and analysis)
- Professional member of Coeliac UK
- BA (Hons) Law & Economics
- 20 years international experience as a senior manager in an ethical business
- Lifetime interest in health and nutrition
- Qualified clinical hypnotherapist and EFT practitioner (used in conjunction with Nutritional Therapy where appropriate)
- Enjoy cooking, walking, travel, yoga, mindfulness, reading ...and food of course!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Typical fees are as follows:
- Personal Nutrition consultation (for those with a specific health condition or concern), typically 90-120 minutes, £75 including dietary analysis, written recommendations and helpful resources
- Healthy Eating consultation (for those who do not have a specific health concern but would like advice and support to optimise their diet), 75-90 minutes, £65 including dietary analysis, written recommendations and helpful resources
- Map My Gut microbiome test, £250 plus my fee for test facilitation, interpretation, review consultation and written recommendations, £99
- Follow up consultations typically 45-60 minutes in person, £55 or 25-30 minutes for Skype or phone check ins (£30)
- I am happy to discuss packages and payment plans to help spread the cost
Please see my website for more detailed information on my services and fees - click on the link above or go to www.vitalisenutrition.com.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer consultations on Thursday evenings, Fridays and some Saturday mornings.