Monica Watson-Peck, Dip.CNM,BANT,CNHC
B W T Chartered Physiotherapists
1 Springfield Road
One-to-one consultations are the mainstay of my work. Helping people improve energy levels, vitality and their sense of well being.
My working hours are flexible and include Saturdays and some evenings. Details of health talks & workshops can be found on my website's 'events' page.
I also run healthy cooking days upon request.
A bit more about me...
How I became interested in studying nutrition is naturally linked to my own personal story. Growing up with parents who had allergies and a long familial history of cardiovascular disease were reasons enough. Then losing someone near and dear to an auto-immune disease clinched my ever-growing belief that there must be more to better health than pills and prescriptions.
The learning process continues. I regularly attend practitioner seminars, lectures and conferences held by BANT, CAM, various laboratories and supplement companies.
I love being part of an ever-growing practitioner group, and a member of the global community which embraces the knowledge that food, nutrients and lifestyle play major roles in achieving optimal health.
My bi-monthly newsletter, website blog and recipes [ www.appleaday.org.uk] as well as social media such as appleaday’s Facebook page, all give me the opportunity to share and connect with like-minded.
A 90 minute consultation gives the necessary time to discuss symptoms, possible underlying causes as well as dietary and lifestyle habits. We discuss your current health status and look at familial, and your own personal health history.
With the aid of non-invasive diagnostic tools, such as iris, hair and tongue analyses, we go through an action plan together which is realistic and includes specific dietary and lifestyle recommendations to help take you forwards.
What does a Consultation include?
At the time of your consultation, recommendations are discussed and a comprehensive action plan can be emailed or posted to you, to include:
• written analysis of your current diet, lifestyle and symptoms
• explanations of the specific body systems requiring support
• recommended dietary changes, with explanations for you to take future control
• if relevant, a list of foods you may need to avoid short-term, and those to increase
• recipes or nutrients that may be new to you
• iris analysis to highlight strengths and challenged organs [see the website section on Iridology]
• nutrient/supplement suggestions and functional testing, if relevant
The Next Step:
• Free email support between your initial appointment and follow-up, which relates to your consultation, is part of your initial appointment
• A 45 minute follow-up appointment is usually recommended 3-6 weeks later. This can either be in person or via skype or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- trained with the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), London.
- postgraduate in iridology from CNM
- belong to the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT), the Complementary and Natural Healthcare council (CNHC, which is supported by the Dept. of Health), and the Nutritional Therapy Council (NTCC).
- Parkinson's private courses with Lucille Leader (London Pain Relief Clinic; author of several books on Parkinson's), focusing on the management of Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Member of the Institute of Functional Medicine
- trained in ‘Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice’ (AFMCP)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
90 minute Consultation is £95.00, and includes free email support between appointments.
45 minute follow-up appointment is £45.00.
Your consultation can take place at BWT, 1 Springfield street, Lower Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0LG
OR Horton Clinic, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7EP.
Skype appointments are also available, as are home visits(within a 20 km radius; travel cost is additional).
I use iridology - the analysis of the iris, the coloured section of the eye - in order to help determine inherited health traits and possible system, or organ, challenges you may be experiencing.
Like all parts of the body, the iris is an organ and is thus made up of tissue, with markings and colour overlays, which can give an indication of the health of your body.
Everyone's iris is unique - just as everyone's health status is unique - and the complexity of the iris, when seen under an iriscope, can offer a wide range of information for the therapist.
Looking at your iris with an iriscope is non-invasive, pain free and an invaluable diagnostic tool in preventive medicine as it can highlight strengths and susceptibilities in your health.
As a nutritional therapist, it is vital for me to listen to your health concerns, take a detailed case history and discuss dietary and lifestyle habits.
Analysing your iris gives me that important cross-check to all the information you have given during the consultation. It is a way of fine-tuning your consultation and it enables me to offer you a more comprehensive personalised health plan.
A short analysis of your iris is part of my 90 minute nutritional therapy consultation.
General Iridology Assesment alone: 45 minutes, £60.
With the aid of an iriscope and photos of your irides, I can discuss the general relevance of colour, structure and markings in your iris and correlate them to familial tendencies, body system strengths and potentially weakened organs.
Appleaday also runs healthy cooking workshops as an when requested These are opportunities to play with new recipes and learn about the nutrients in foods.
The recipes are usually based on GF, DF and sugar-free meals; include 4-6 recipes, with each recipe explaining the health benefits of the main ingredients.
Cooking Day Cost:
£45 pp based on 3-5 participants; 3 hours including lunch and hand-outs
£120 per couple
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German, French|
Weekdays, some evenings & a monthly Saturday