97 Disraeli Road
Samsara Mind and Body
205 Merton Road
0208 785 0525 / 07790 831 254
I am passionate about helping you feel as good as you can through personalised nutrition and lifestyle advice. Whether you want to start a family, improve your mood, struggle with low energy, poor sleep or digestion or find it difficult reaching and maintaining your ideal weight, shouldn't you do something about it now?
In addition to nutritional guidance, I can help with supplement and diagnostic testing (such as allergy screens or nutritional status evaluation) for a range of health issues.
So how does it work?
1) Prior to the initial consultation you will be sent a comprehensive questionnaire and a 4-day food diary to complete.
2) During the initial consultation we will take an in-depth look at your current and past health concerns, as they may impact on your current health issues. A nutritional programme will be designed for your individual needs and goals with lifestyle recommendations, if appropriate. Supplements and diagnostic testing may also be recommended. Please feel free to ask any questions during this stage.
3) A Follow up consultation will take place at an agreed interval after the initial consultation in order to monitor and review your progress and make changes to your nutritional programme, if required.
I understand that it may be a bit challenging to incorporate new changes into your lifestyle, which is why I offer email support in between consultations to provide you the support you need to succeed.
Training, qualifications & experience
I graduated from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) where she came in the top 5% of her year with a distinction and was awarded The Dian Shepperson Mills prize for Clinical Excellence and I am currently studying for a Masters in Nutrition at CNELM, Middlesex University..
I am a member of the British Association for Nutritional Therapy. I also holds a BSc (Hons) in Psychology.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
* Initial consultation: 60 mins £80
* Follow up consultation: 30 minutes £40 or 60 mins £80.
* Follow up consultation available on Skype/phone and email support is available between consultations.
I offer a FREE initial consultation by phone. This allows you to establish whether my approach is the correct route for you with no obligation to make a booking. It also allows me to ensure that my skills and knowledge are suited to your needs. Please call me on 07790 831 254 or 020 8871 2181 to have this free introductory phone consultation.
Please refer to my website for further information: www.naturalnutrition.uk.com
- Leaky gut – could this be causing your health problems?
- How lycopene can reduce your risk of prostate cancer
- Eat your way out of anxiety: three simple steps
- WHO wants sugar consumption halved
- Are you prediabetic?
- How fat around your waist may be dangerous
- Gut feeling: Is your gut trying to tell you something?
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia prevention, what you need to know
- How to keep your children well and avoid those winter bugs..
- The need for sleep: How nutrition can help
- Diverticular disease
- Migraines – Food and migraine, how to control your migraines
- Endometriosis - How dietary changes may help
- Eat your way out of depression
- How to get rid of Acne
- Why can't I get pregnant?
- Detoxification – the easy way
- Raynaud's: My hands and feet are always freezing cold!
- Hope for IBS Sufferers
- Understanding hair loss in women
- What really works for PMS
- What has Iodine got to do with your energy, physical and mental (IQ) development?
- Helping to prevent indigestion - Simple dietary and lifestyle changes could help
- Asthma – how can nutrition help with this life threatening respiratory condition?
- Digestive Health – How to keep your digestive tract working effectively
- Hypothyroidism – how it can affect your energy, mood and fertility
- Constipation – probably the most common digestive complaint
- Weight loss – not just another New Year’s resolution!
- IBS – reducing your symptoms may just be possible...
- What you eat before and during pregnancy can really make a difference
- How to ward off those winter bugs!
- “Honey I Shrunk My Brain!” How B Vitamins may slow down brain shrinkage
What Some of My Clients Have Said
"My son has multiple food allergies, his diet was restricted and repetitive. Melody gave us fantastic practical nutritional advice and supplement guidance in order to make sure that his diet was varied and that he was getting all the vitamins and minerals a growing boy needs. I thoroughly recommend her service! (JE, Putney)
“As you know, I suffer from endometriosis and decided to come and see you because of the severe pain and vomiting I had during my period and feeling sick the rest of the time. Since seeing you, my energy levels have improved and although I still get pain during my period it has gone down from two days to one and I no longer feel sick or vomit. If I hadn’t changed my diet, as you suggested, I don't think I would have been able to go back to work as I was feeling sick all the time.” (JB, London).
"I came to see you earlier this year as I had put on some weight since moving to London. Your advice was invaluable to me.and has laid some important groundwork for my eating habits. I have decided that I am going to utilise your insights...and leverage my personal trainer going forward for monitoring and weighing etc." (DK, Putney).
"When I (Monica Costa, Putney) came to see Melody, Diego was waking up 4-5 times a night and had terrible wind. After explaining to me what foods help promote sleep and what might be contributing to Diego's wind, Melody gave me some sensible dietary advice, which was surprisingly easy to incorporate which made it all the easier!" "When we met up again about a month later, Diego's wind had completely gone and he was only waking up 1-2 times a night."
“I engaged Melody at a critical stage of my life where I had to manage a weight problem due to poor diet and disorganised lifestyle. I needed to lose 12 kilos to reach my ideal weight … It was clear that I had to reorganize my eating habits.
Melody developed a plan to guide me towards a simpler and more balanced choice. I have rediscovered the pleasure of palate through better eating. At every meeting, Melody provided an outline including : my goals, food and dietary tips, and encouragement…After eight months I achieved my goal to lose weight and I continue, despite moving overseas [back to Paris], to apply her advice. I didn’t have to change my family meal habits… for example: the whole family still enjoys bread and pasta, but whole wheat instead of white.
Now I listen to my hunger and I make the right choice! … A more dynamic present, get fit, regularly practice a sport activity gives me the energy that I needed to continue quietly and confidently my life.
Her support throughout the process was precious and I value her advice.” [CL, Putney]
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments (Saturday morning).