Mary Cotter DipCNM mBANT CNHC
Natural Foods Etc.
55 Clerk Street
Blue Sky Pilates
4 Thistle Street Lane NW
City Of Edinburgh
As a real food fanatic, I help you make research-driven dietary changes which promote optimum health and wellbeing, by providing personalised nutrition plans, testing and supplement recommendations and overall lifestyle management, tailored to your specific needs. It’s a way of eating; it’s not about deprivation and starvation.
My approach to nutritional therapy depends very much on your needs, your health goals, the severity of your symptoms, your relationship with food and cooking. So it’s very much tailored to you.
Nutritional therapy is a great way to support digestion, the foundation of good health. If you suspect you have a food intolerance, you have the option of a food intolerance test. I provide lots of helpful advice on delicious alternatives to chose from if you do test positive for certain foods.
The most important thing is that we replace problem foods with suitable alternatives so you don’t end up with nutritional deficiencies or feeling deprived. I can also help you optimise your gut health during the food elimination period so that when we do reintroduce food you will feel much better. For more information on tests please visit my website www.stellarhealth.co.uk
What happens during a consultation?
Before the first consultation, I will send you a simple health appraisal questionnaire for you to complete along with a food diary. Your initial consultation will last 90 minutes, during which time I will ask detailed questions about your current health concerns, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, medical history, family history, lifestyle, levels of physical activity, use of medication and supplements and diet.
I then evaluate your individual needs and use the extensive evidence base for nutritional science to develop a personalised, safe and effective nutrition and lifestyle programme for you. Where appropriate, functional testing such as stool, urine, blood and hair may be advised.
Follow me on Instagram to see the type of food you could be enjoying: http://instagram.com/stellar_health_mary
Training, qualifications & experience
With a background in Marketing Management and a previous career as a Commercial Interior Designer, I became passionate about nutrition as a result of recovering from my own chronic health condition (involving food intolerances, chronic bladder and pelvic pain) and retrained as a Registered Nutritional Therapist.
My passion for nutrition and how the body works and heals led me to do a 3 year Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy.
I am a fully registered Nutritional Therapist, a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is recognised by the Department of Health.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Your initial appointment takes 1.5 hours and the fee is £85. Follow up appointments are £55 for one hour or £35 for half an hour.
How you will benefit:
- Lots of helpful dietary advice that is easy to understand
- Email and telephone support to keep you focused and on track
- Delicious and nutritious meal ideas that are easy to make and suitable for the whole family
- Supplement advice
- Functional testing such as food intolerance tests and stool tests if required, using reputable laboratories
- A holistic approach to healthcare that focuses on the root cause of imbalance and not just your symptoms
- A simple and effective approach to weight management, with lasting results thanks to its focus on real, great tasting food
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
My city centre location is within walking distance of Waverley train station, Edinburgh tram and the Edinburgh bus station.
Pay and display parking is available in the neighbouring streets.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available at weekends and Mondays. I have evening appointments mid week. I can also do telephone and Skype consultations if you are unable to attend my clinic