Marta Anhelush DipCNM mBANT CNHC
Revital Health Foods
16 High Street
I am a Nutritional Therapist with a passion and determination to help people feel their best. I believe that wellness starts from within and anyone can achieve it with a little help and motivation. Whether you want to improve your health or you’ve been riddled with a chronic health problem, nutritional therapy can help you. I take the time to get to know you and uncover your relationship with food, your daily routines and your mental state. This not only allows me to determine what is the best strategy for you but will also help you to connect the dots between your symptoms and their causes. Better understanding leads to a better outcome with fewer challenges on your journey.
My approach and ethos:
- Finding the balance - I don't believe in quick fixes or stringent diets. I don't want to advise a plan that you will find difficult or stressful. I listen and try to understand you so we can work together creating long lasting results.
- Being a role model - I don't just tell you what to do because that's the right thing. I do all those things too. That's why I understand that sometimes it can be hard, life can get in a way. This gives me a better appreciation of our human nature, helping me to be a better practitioner with real expectations.
- Finding the root cause - everything from my questionnaire to the consultation and feedback is structured in a way to get to the deep causes of your symptoms. Sometimes this may mean doing some additional testing, by doing so however, we can achieve more in a much shorter period.
- Prevention - I always have goals with my clients, we talk about something they want to achieve and why that would make a difference in their life. Motivation is important because it makes it a bit more real. Even though we focus on certain areas I always look for other things that need attention. By doing the work now, we can prevent things happening in the future.
- It's a mutual agreement - I give you my expertise and knowledge and I spend the time to help you in making it happen. Equally, it is up you, to commit, trust me and make the changes, at your own pace.
- Never stop learning - Nutritional science is constantly evolving. Every day we learn something new. In order to provide you with the best service, I never think that I know it all. I live and breathe nutrition, reading journals every day, learning from experts in different fields and acknowledging my weaker areas so I can improve.
- Be open minded - I take a pragmatic approach and don't take things for granted. I am open to new ideas but I always research it for myself first and try to look at both sides to make a well-informed decision.
What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy is based on a combination of traditional practices and new cutting edge research. One of the main principles recognises that the body is able to heal itself given proper conditions. The idea of 'homeostasis' has been long known in medicine as a basic physiological process. Whatever goes out of normal, your body is trying to correct and bring back to balance. Your body wants to be healthy and we just need to give it the right tools and conditions to do so.
In naturopathy, we take a patient-centred rather than disease centred approach to health. Each person represents a complex set of interwoven factors that determine their state of health.
Although two people may have the same health problem they are likely to require different approaches and interventions. This is because everyone is biochemically individual and what has lead one person to their current state is completely different to another person’s experience. Naturopathic Practitioners work to find the root cause of imbalances and work to restore them safely and naturally, through diet and lifestyle.
About your consultation
- Upon booking your appointment you will be sent a welcome pack via e-mail. The pack contains a detailed health questionnaire and a 5-day diet diary. Having the questionnaire before seeing you will enable me to establish the key areas that we need to discuss when we meet. By doing so we can concentrate on you while I try to dig deep to build a picture of overall nutritional and metabolic imbalances that contribute to the way you are feeling.
- The consultation will take 60 minutes, during which we can discuss your health problems, lifestyle and your eating habits.
- Towards the end, I will summarise my findings and briefly explain my strategy to get you on the path to wellness.
- You will then receive a more detailed wellness plan, containing dietary, lifestyle and supplement recommendations.
- Additional laboratory testing is sometimes advised, this will be fully explained during the consultation if necessary.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have completed a 3 year diploma course in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy at College of Naturopathic Medicine, one of the UK's largest, most highly-respected and well-known natural medicine training providers. The course included 1 year of Biomedicine and 2 years of Nutrition (including 200 clinical hours).
I believe that education is paramount especially in the ever evolving industry such as health and nutrition. That's why I have continued learning and regularly attend conferences and seminars and try to stay on top of research by reading research papers and scientific journals on a daily basis.
I am interested in everything health related but have particular interests in hormonal and immune health, including autoimmune conditions.
Through my work experience I have also gained a lot of knowledge about nutritional supplements, retail and providing support and education to other health practitioners, giving me an extra insight into this industry.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Initial consultation - £65.
Follow-up consultation - £50.
Both appointments take 60 minutes.
The list above is not extensive. As a nutritional therapist I look at the whole person rather than a collection of symptoms. That's why it often doesn't matter what disease you come in with, I will still go through the same steps with everyone. If you have a condition that is not on this list, be it some genetic impairment please contact me to find out if you can benefit from nutrition.
In this day and age we all need to think about what we put in our mouths and the environment around us. Even if we feel well and relatively healthy.
I see people of all ages, in different life stages and situations because food is the basic requirement of life and I believe that it is our responsibility to take control of our health.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish and russian on request|
Weekends, and evening consultations on weekdays.