Maria Mitchell, Registered Nutritional Therapist
I am a Brighton based Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach providing individual nutrition and lifestyle programmes for children and adults and families.
I believe that good nutrition is key to good health and I work in a way that is practical and fits with your lifestyle.
I specialise in working with parents and children and offer both weight loss and personalised health programmes.
You may have fertility issues, post -partum weight gain, a child with an atopic condition or a food intolerance. Whatever the issue I can offer practical support that won't overwhelm you and that fits with your family.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma In Nutritional Therapy - College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Full member of BANT and CNHC
I also complete regular seminars and courses in order to ensure my knowledge is current.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Personalised Health Programmes
If you have a chronic or ongoing health condition that is affecting your health and wellbeing then a personalised health programme is probably the best option. Nutritional therapy can be a powerful tool in the management of chronic diseases, such as hormonal issues, problems with digestion, stress, autoimmune conditions and so on. Nutritional therapists work with clients, to identify and improve nutritional factors that may contribute to their complaints, helping clients to put in place a change of dietary habits wherever necessary and guiding them on their way back to health. Sometimes, functional tests are used to identify specific issues, and the use of supplements may be recommended.
In order to understand your current health issues and your goals and to work through a new eating plan, consider the right supplements and possible biochemical tests, we will need to work together over a period of time. It is unlikely that you would benefit of a 'one-off' appointment. The duration of your programme will depend on your current health status and what you want to achieve, but will typically start with an initial 12 weeks.
My Health Programmes typically include the following elements, providing fortnightly support to help you implement the recommendations:
- Initial Consultation - 90 minutes
- Follow-up Consultations - either face-to-face or via Skype/phone - 45 mins each
- Mini Progress Review Calls - 15 mins each
- In-depth Health & Lifestyle Assessment to consider symptoms, medical history, family history, lifestyle and stress
- Food Diary Analysis
- Personalised nutrition advice and supplement plan
- Current medication and nutrient interaction evaluation, if applicable
- Recommendations on functional tests and interpretation
- Email support
Programmes start from £265 for a 12 week programme. Please contact me to discuss further how we can work together.
Note: Supplements and/or functional tests will be charged separately
Weight Loss Programmes
Diets don't work, this is now well established. The main reason for this is that they are difficult to sustain over the long term. Only a permanent eating and lifestyle change will lead to long-term results. In either one to one sessions or in small groups over 10 weeks I will teach you about healthy eating and how to achieve the best health improvements possible. The programme consists of part nutrition education, part motivational coaching designed to help you implement changes. No food group is excluded, and there are no meal replacements involved. My weight loss packages are trailered to your needs and as well as general weight loss, I offer specialist post-partum packages and packages for those who are menopausal.
- 3 face-to-face meetings
- phone coaching sessions between meetings
- Step by step guidance on the low GL way of eating including meal plans and recipes
- Health and nutrition topics to empower and inspire you
- Course materials
- Monthly monitoring of body composition fat mass / muscle mass
- Food diary review and personalised dietary recommendations
- Motivational coaching
- Continued support and guidance from a qualified Nutritional Therapist
Please contact me to discuss your individual requirements.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, limited evening and weekend appointments