Maria Dow MSc RD MBDA
Westhill Health and Therapies Clinic
Unit 5 Westhill Shopping Centre
Peterhead and Mintlaw Foot Clinics
13 Rose Street
0796 773 9706
Registered dietitian with 20 years experience in NHS and academic sectors.
Highly experienced in the dietary management of overweight and obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, raised blood pressure, raised cholesterol levels, women's health issues such as fertility problems, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, pregnancy, breastfeeding and weaning.
Practised in the dietary management of food intolerances and irritable bowel syndrome.
Published health writer in many aspects of nutrition and health.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc with state registration in Nutrition and Dietetics with The Robert Gordon University.
MSc in Health Promotion and Health Education from The University of Edinburgh.
COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills from the University of Aberdeen.
12 years experience in the NHS. Over this time dietetic experience was gained in the acute setting of Manchester Royal Infirmary and the community setting of Perth and Kinross.
Obesity research experience was gained at both Dundee Teaching Hospitals and The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. This latter post was a senior research fellow with the Counterweight Project Team.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Rosacea *
- Thyroid problems
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
9 individual sessions over 1 year.
Personal Dietary Consultation:
Initial Appointment 1 hour £65
Follow up reviews 30 minutes £35
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|