Lubna Saeed BSc (Hons), MSc RNutr
07786 116 466
My name is Lub Saeed and I am an AfN accredited Registered Nutritionist based in Sheffield.
I have experience working within the private sector employed as a nutritionist for a commercial weight management company and within the third sector working for a registered charity to promote healthy eating and improve nutrition/diet within a community-setting working with individuals across all age groups.
My main interests lie in nutrition, health, fitness -all of which have been a lifelong interest and play an important role in my life. I am passionate about the area of healthy living, in particular weight management, and how physical activity/exercise and good nutrition together impact upon a persons’ health & well-being.
Through the knowledge and experience I have gained in this field over the years I am keen to make a difference and see that everyone, from all ages and backgrounds, has the opportunity to improve their lifestyle to live a healthier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (with Hons) Applied Sport Science 2004-2007 (The University of Edinburgh)
- MSc Public Health Nutrition 2007-2008 (Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh)
Modules Include: Principles of Nutrition, Food & Nutrition, Clinical Sciences, Nutrition Policy & Planning, Epidemiology, Promoting Health of Populations, Public Health Perspectives, Evaluation of Practice,MSc Dissertation Research Project. Thesis: Assessing Body Weight Status, Dietary Intake and Physical Activity Behaviours in Gym Users and Non-Gym Users
Nutritionist /Development Officer (Community Food and Nutrition)
LCFHP May 2011 – 2013
Lead and manage the development, co-ordination, communication, marketing and delivery of cooking skills and nutritional information to community groups within the Lanarkshire area.
Go Lower Ltd (Edinburgh)
July 2010 – May 2011
- Supporting the Head Nutritionist
- Keeping up-to-date with current research & knowledge
- Customize tailored eating plans for clients, giving individualised nutritionist advice to clients
- Providing nutritional support at each phase of the diet programme to current clients
- Nutritional analysis of recipes for company website
- Monitoring of online forum on company website
- Write up nutritional information for monthly newsletter
- Write up nutritional information of new products for marketing material
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Life stages
- Osteoporosis *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Available on request.
Other Areas I deal With
- Weight Management Advice
- Healthy Eating Advice
- Recipe Analysis
- Food Diary Analysis
- Weaning Workshops
- Healthy Eating/Cooking Demonstrations to community groups (Nursery)
- Preschool Groups, Youth Groups. Senior Citizen's Groups)
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekdays -daytime and evenings