Louise Digby Registered Nutritional Therapist
The Kingsford Centre
50B Duke Street
01787 207807 / 07908 235876
Hello! I’m Louise, nutritional therapist, and I have a mission to help people who are unwell, tired and feeling yuck, to feel great. I see clients online via Skype and also in my Essex and Suffolk clinics.
You’re probably looking for dietary guidance from a professional because you’ve tried various products or diets, read tons of blogs or leaflets, and you’ve probably even tried doctors or consultants, but you haven’t got very far. You’re probably having thoughts like ‘this blog says I should have lots of whole grains but this other blog says I should cut out grains altogether’ or ‘I just don’t know what I can eat’. Maybe you’re thinking ‘I know what I’m supposed to do but I just don’t seem to be able to actually do it’ or ‘I can’t stick to anything for more than a couple of weeks’.
These are the main reasons why people like you end up on a website like this. You’re looking for someone who knows their stuff and can tell you ‘this is what you need to know and do, and this is how to do it’.
And you may be thinking now, ‘how does Louise know what I should be eating?’ and that’s a good question because you are unique and what’s right for someone else could be wrong for you. So I’m not going to give you a pre-written diet and send you on your way. I’ll find out all about you using a questionnaire, food diary and our first consultation. Often, a test will be recommended to help me gain clarity on what’s going on inside your body. Then I’ll recommend tweaks to your diet that are easy for you to do and will help you feel better as soon as possible. You’ll have several consultations, because experience has shown me that the best results are achieved when baby-steps are taken. Having someone to reach out to in a time of dietary crisis, and to report back to, means that you’ll be able to overcome hurdles as and when they arise.
I’m not claiming that I have a cure for your condition or symptoms, however I wouldn’t do what I do if I didn’t see positive results!
How does it work?
Nutritional therapy is:
- A personalised intervention. No two people receive the exact same recommendations. Your medical history, stress levels, physical activity level, sleep quality, dietary status (and much more) are used to inform the resulting nutrition and supplement recommendations.
- Getting to a root cause. It’s not about suppressing your symptoms in the way that medications mostly do, it’s about investigating through consultation, and often testing, to work out what is the root cause of your problems. Once we know the cause we can use diet and supplements and often lifestyle alterations to correct the imbalance, and any other imbalances it may have caused.
- Holistic. This means I look at you as a person rather than just your condition(s). When you come in with tummy issues, I want to know about more than just what goes on inside your gut. The body is interconnected and every organ can have an effect on another.
- Patient-led. Everyone is suited to a different approach and you may be best suited to a strict diet, whereas someone else may be suited to more gradual changes, changing one small thing at a time.
- Not a quick fix. Whilst some people do feel much better very quickly, if you’ve lived with your condition for 20 years you shouldn’t expect for it to be ‘cured’ after just one visit.
- Science-based. Everything that is recommended has been proven to be clinically effective by scientific studies. I never recommend anything that isn’t scientifically validated, and this includes the tests that I recommend.
Here’s exactly what will happen from this moment forward:
- You’ll contact me and we’ll have a chat. You’ll have any questions you may have about how I work, answered. If you are happy to proceed we’ll get you booked in for your first appointment.
- You’ll receive an email from me with a link to a questionnaire to fill in prior to the first session. There’ll also be a food diary for you to complete and a link to set up your direct debit authorisation. This will allow me to bill you after each session or phone call, for the exact amount of time you used (I won’t charge you for an hour if the session only last 30 minutes) and you won’t need to remember to bring payment with you each time. Finally, the email will also contain directions and parking instructions.
- You’ll complete these three tasks prior to our first session.
- In the first session we’ll talk through and expand on what you’ve written in your questionnaire so that I can get a good idea of what’s going on for you and what your goals are.
- I’ll explain any imbalances that are apparent to me and highlight any test(s) that may be useful.
- I’ll go on to make a few dietary and lifestyle recommendations to get you started.
- We’ll book you in for your second session, where we’ll develop an in-depth plan based on how you’ve got on with your initial changes.
- We’ll continue to have sessions and phone calls as frequently as we both agree is needed and in these further sessions we’ll continue to reassess and move you forwards.
We’ll work in one of my clinics in Essex and Suffolk, UK, or via Skype if you’re further afield. I do offer home visits, and charge travel fees if you are more than 5 miles away from one of my clinics.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy
Diploma in Nutrigenomic Counselling (DNA analysis)
X-PERT Diabetes Prevention Certification
Diploma in Life Coaching with NLP
Certified Metabolic Balance Coach
Louise's undertakes regular training in accordance with BANT regulations, to ensure her knowledge is up-to-date.
BANT & CNHC Registered
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£80 per hour
You will be charged for the time you have used. Often the initial consultation will last around 1 hour and 15 minutes, so you would be charged £100. However, sometimes we may only need 45 minutes and therefore, you would be charged £60. Follow up consultations tend to last 30- 45 minutes.
Short phone calls and emails are not chargeable, however if I feel that a phone call or email will take a significant amount of my time I will inform you beforehand and charge accordingly.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
* I do not claim to cure or treat medical conditions. I am not qualified to diagnose medical conditions and any test results that indicate a potential medical condition should be taken to your GP for formal diagnosis and advice.
Please add email@example.com to your email contacts, otherwise my response to your enquiry may end up in your junk mail folder.
Call me on 01787 207807
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|