Lisa Jack, (Bsc) Hons, MBDA Freelance Dietitian
147 Hales Road
The Old Village Shop
I am a Registered Dietitian who is passionate about providing professional expert nutrition and lifestyle advice to help clients achieve their dietary and lifestyle goals. I have a Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree in Nutrition and Dietietics and I have over 14 years' experience. I chose to qualify as a dietitian as Dietitians are very often referred to as the 'Gold Standard' when it comes to nutrition professionals.
I worked in the NHS for over 10 years in a variety of clinical settings empowering and supporting clients manage their medical conditions and improve their health and well-being. I left the NHS so that I could provide more time to client's, listen to their individual issues and provide care and effective treatments to client's specific needs. This is what you can expect in a consultation with me.
Services & What to expect:
- One to One Consultations - One hour for me to listen to your specific nutritional problem/issues and provide scientific advice tailored to your individual circumstances. I focus on your specific needs and I provide support and advice in a friendly and non-judgemental way. We work together to ensure the nutrional advice is effective and achievable, relevant to you and is able to work long term.
- Weight loss/management Support and advice tailored to your needs. Inidividual, scientifically proven tailored weight loss advice to enable you to achieve long term weight goals and end struggles with dieting. I offer a vast amount of specialist scientific advice and experience in this area - please see my experience and training in this field and my website: http://www.cotswolddietitian.co.uk. - services/weight managment.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - I offer specialist advice for IBS. I have many years' experience in helping individuals improve their symptoms through altering diet whilst ensuring their diet is nutritionally balanced. I help client's understand their IBS condition and manage their symptoms to improve their health. I provide scientific advice and knowledge to help clients feel more in control. Many IBS symptoms can be improved by making small changes to your diet or eating pattern. I am also trained in the low FODMAP diet from Kings College, London and I can help guide clients through this diet. Success of this diet is via a dietitian-led approach. Internet sources are not reliable or recommended for it's success.
- Work Place Nutrition. - I provide bespoke work place nutrition & wellness packages for companies. Supporting the workforce for optimal performance is good for business. I have helped small businesses acheive their aims of improving their staff's nutrition, dietary and lifestyle requirements. Please see my website for testimonials.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree BSC (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics from University of Wales, Institute - 2001
- HCPC Registered.
- Post Registered training in:
- Cognitive Behaviour Approaches in Obesity Management - weight concern 2002
- Motivational Interviewing -2007 (SDS)
- Behaviour Change -2007 (SDS)
- Brief Solution FocusedTherapy - 2009 (SDS)
- Mindful Eating - 2012 (Well-Founded)
- The Low FODMAP Diet for functional Gastro-Intestinal Disorders - Kings College London 2015.
I am an experienced freelance dietitian with a wide variety of experience in the dietary management of adults with diet related medical conditions having worked in NHS Community for over 10 years.
10 years experience mainly in obesity/weight management and chronic disease management such as: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, blood pressure management, cholesterol lowering, Metabolic Syndrome, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and women’s health.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - I am trained in providing the low FODMAP diet for functional gastrointestinal disorders from King’s College, London and I have many years experience of helping client's improve and manage their symptoms and condition.
Many years experience of working in a Specialist Weight Management service in the NHS alongside leading consultants & clinical psychologists and weight management counsellors. I have gained a variety of knowledge and skills for effective treatments for long term weight loss including emotional eating. Please see my website for my experience.(www.cotswolddietitian.co.uk).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial Consultation (face to face): £65-£75 (depending on medical conditions)
- Follow Up consultation (face to face): £50-£60 (as above)
- Follow Up consultation (phone): £30
- Email Support - initially included - ongoing support charged at varying rates.
- Seminars/workshops/talks - fee negotiable
I also practice from the Village Clinic, Tarlings Yard, Church Road, Bishop's Cleeve, Cheltenham, GL52 8RN.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am-6pm
Various evening appointments, please contact me to check availability.