Linda Albinsson, Nutritionist (mBANT) BSc Nutritional Science, NT CNM
The Hale Clinic Ltd
7 Park Crescent
Bloomsbury Health Centre
97 Judd Street
HOW I WORK
I tailor my unique Nutrition Strategy carefully to each client, integrating Nutritional Medicine, Functional Medicine and Naturopathic Nutrition. Although my core work is with clients, I also collaborate with other professionals in the food, nutrition and health industry.
What you will receive:
- A software analysis report of your current diet, with charts and recommendations on vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins and sugars.
- Your ‘body-map’ to take away, visually setting out any metabolic areas that need focus, so that you can gain a clear picture of how our body systems are interconnected, what is going on there for you, and how your lifestyle may be mediating your current state.
- Your Personalised Nutrition Strategy Plan
- Your Personalised Protocol (with a guide to 'What to Eat, How to Eat, What not to Eat’)
- Meal suggestions
- Specialist medical & functional lab Testing referral and professional analysis (where relevant)
- I carry out an depth analysis of your current diet (using a specialist software) based on your detailed 3-day diet diary and discuss with you the key findings and any links with health concerns.
- I carry out a top-to-tail analysis your health status, looking at your biological systems such as digestion, elimination, hormones (thyroid, adrenal, sex hormones etc), appropriate detoxification function, structure, repair, immune system defense and more. We run through any highlighted imbalances and discuss how they might have appeared, and what may be perpetuating them.
- We will receive Personalised Nutrition Strategy Plan (usually in 2-3steps depending on the complexity of health concerns)
- We close the consultation with some main points for you to take away
- You will then receive your protocol + meal suggestions + supplement advise + testing referrals (if required) + any useful handouts with information or useful recipes via email, usually within 24 hours.
- With your email, you'll also receive two Personalised Recipes (one drink, one go-to meal) if part of your package
- Side Note: My healthcare is complimentary (not alternative) and so I always work together with your GP where I think this is relevant. I may want to write to your GP to keep them informed, request any blood tests or raise any concerns. Your permission will always be asked prior.
My Method - Nutritional Therapy & Functional Medicine
I look at the subtleties - what pathophysiological mechanism could be underlying your symptoms on a biological system basis. What could be aggravating, perpetuating or mediating an imbalance, or inhibiting or blocking metabolic function - leading to dysfunction. Are there nutritional in-sufficiencies, leading to a lack of appropriate enzymatic function to keep up with demand. Do you have a genetic variance which could potentially expose you to a lesser function, coupled of an excessive demand due to lifestyle such as alcohol consumption, stress, lack of movement and exercise, which predisposes you to an inability to break something down?
In particular, i look at and support functional systems which crucially underpin health such as digestion, elimination, biotransformation (detoxification), transport (of wastes/nutrients/oxygen), energy production, and structure.
THE 'SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS':
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction
- Immune dysregulation - representing as joint pain, auto-immune conditions etc
- Hormonal imbalance and interplay - adrenal, thyroid and sex hormones in particular
- Insulin, leptin, appetite and energy regulating hormone resistance and sensitivity
- Oxidative stress & mitochondrial function and the effect on ageing, energy, and regulated cell death
- Toxins, toxicity and impaired biotransformation (detoxification) and the systemic effects
- Food sensitivities & allergies
WHO I WORK WITH:
An experienced and established Reg. Nutritional Therapist working in private clinic in London (waiting list only for Stockholm). My main business is private clients, although I also do consultancy work for raw-food producers, run yoga day-retreats, work-shops and work with charities. I am also currently training with the world renowned Functional Medicine Doctor Mouton.
If you wish to make an enquiry about your health, please feel free to contact me for an informal chat :).
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Nutritional Therapist mBANT
BSc Nutritional Science (underway) - Middlesex University
Dip.CNM 3 year Diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition
Registered and regulated by The British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
Data Protection Agency (ICO)
Full professional Indemnity Insurance
Associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
use booking code: 'NutriRes2017'
Initial Consultation + Assessment + Personalised Protocol £85 - original price £95
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Available Tuesdays & Wednesdays only at the Bloomsbury Clinic in Kings Cross