Leanne Hewitt BSc (Hons) DIS, PGCE, RNutr
I am a registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist with a passion to create awareness and improve health through education, development of healthier products and clearer nutrition labelling. I believe in giving people the tools enable them to help themself which is not always a quick fix but a lasting result as you can adapt and change your lifestyle to gain lasting results that improve overall health and wellbeing. I am very passionate about nutrition and want to help people.
I have worked for a range of food companies to include consumer, medical and functional food products. This has given me a solid background and strong ability to approach work on different products from many differing perspectives/angles.
I also have experience working as a food teacher catering for a range of age groups, social and ethnic backgrounds.
I have excellent presentation and communications and regularly adapt nutrition and research to differing levels of simplicity to meet the needs of my clients to ensure full understanding.
I keep updated with training and conference attendance on a regular basis.
Areas I can help to address:
- Weight Management
- Food Law and Labelling
- Sports Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition Policy
- Product development
- Nutrition Marketing and Communications
- Healthy Eating
- Adults and Older people
- Adapting recipes
- Childhood nutrition
- Nutrition for differing budgets
- Nutrition for ethnic diets
- Functional foods
- Digestive Health
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Hons Human Nutrition
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
Diploma in Industrial Studies
Registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist (2479) - Association for Nutrition
Member of The Nutrition Society
Member of Nutritionist in Industry.
Registered with the General Teacher Council
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me via e-mail.
Please feel free to e-mail your requests.
I give one on one consultations either a one off or a series of sessions depending on your individual needs. I also give talks for local organisations on a range of areas to include the following and much more:
- Food labelling
- Simple guide to maintaining a healthy diet
- Nutrition, what is it really?
- Preparing for different seasons the healthy way to stay in shape e.g. Healthy yet scrumptious Christmas
- Recipe adaption – Cook your favourite meals the healthier way
- Healthy supermarket shop (if requested)
- Sports Nutrition Advice -How to get the most out of your exercise
- Digestive Health
Other work includes consultancy for food companies for PR and Marketing communications, U.K and EU food labelling and claims, developing resources and writing nutritional material for products.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|